The persons who invest their money in the stock market have to always check the latest stock price to gain profit from them. As a result, they go to the stock exchange market to get the update. However, you can easily check the latest stock price of a company using Microsoft Excel from your home. Today, in this article, we’ll learn four quick and suitable ways to get current stock price of India in Excel effectively with appropriate illustrations.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
How to Get Current Stock Price of India in Excel: 3 Ways
Let’s say, we have a dataset where several Indian stock company names, current price, and the percentage of change are given in columns B, C, and D respectively. Now we will get the current stock price of the Indian stock market. To do that, we will apply the STOCKHISTORY, TODAY functions, built-in Stocks command, and so on. Here’s an overview of the dataset for today’s task.
1. Use STOCKHISTORY Function to Get Current Stock Price of India
In this section, we will use the STOCKHISTORY and TODAY functions to get the current price in the stock market of India. This is an easy and time-saving task. Let’s follow the instructions below to learn!
- First of all, we will apply the TODAY function in cell D15 to get today’s date. For that, write down the following formula in the cell:
- Hence, write down the below Mathematical formula in cell D13 to get the previous date:
- After that, simply press ENTER on your keyboard, and you will get the return of the Mathematical The return is 8/16/2022.
- Now, we apply the STOCKHISTORY Function to get the current price of the Indian stock market. To do that, select cell C5 and write down the STOCKHISTORY Function in that cell. The STOCKHISTORY function is,
- Further, again, simply press ENTER on your keyboard, and you will get the current price of that corresponding date. The current price is ₹ 2,817.00.
- Hence, AutoFill the STOCKHISTORY function in the rest of the cells in column D to get the current price of the Indian stock market.
2. Apply Stock Command to Get Current Stock Price of India
In this method, we will use Excel’s built-in Stocks command to get the current stock prices in India. Let’s follow the instructions below to learn!
- First of all, select the entire range of cells B5:B11. After that, from your Data ribbon, go to,
Data → Data Types → Stocks
- You will see the companies’ name patterns will change, and it will get the complete name structure. Besides it, you will see a small widget pop-up icon appear at the right corner of the selected names.
- If you click on it, you will get several fields listed there. We are going to add only the Price and Change(%) fields according to our desire.
- For that, click on the widget pop-up icon, scroll down in the Field list with your mouse and select the Price option.
- As a result, you will see the Price of all seven companies will add in the range of cells C5:C11.
- Similarly, add the Change(%) field in column D.
- To get the latest update on the stock market, from your Data ribbon, go to,
Data → Queries & Connections → Refresh All Connections
Read More: How to Get Live Stock Prices in Excel
3. Using Power Query to Get Current Stock Price of India
The Power Query of Excel can help us to get the current stock prices from any external website. In this process, we will show how to do it. Let’s follow the instructions below to learn!
- First of all, from your Data ribbon, go to,
Data → Get & Transform Data → From Web
- A small dialog box titled From Web will appear.
- Then, choose the Basic option and paste the website link into the empty box. We are pasting a link from Yahoo Finance.
- Click OK. keep patience, it will take a while.
- Then, the Navigator window will appear in front of you.
- After that, select Table 0 and click on the Load. The panel will also show you a visual representation of that dataset.
- You will see that within a few seconds, the current stock price list will be in your Excel spreadsheet. Format the key columns to get a better outlook of your dataset.
Things to Remember
➜ You can perform method 1 and method 2 in Microsoft Office 365 only. You can use Power Query in Excel 365 and any other version.
➜ While a value can not found in the referenced cell, the #N/A! error happens in Excel.
➜ #DIV/0! error happens when a value is divided by zero(0) or the cell reference is blank.
I hope all of the suitable methods mentioned above to get current stock price in excel India will now provoke you to apply them in your Excel spreadsheets with more productivity. You are most welcome to feel free to comment if you have any questions or queries.