If you are looking for some special tricks to solve the problem of “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen”, you’ve come to the right place. In Microsoft Excel, there are numerous ways to fix this problem. This article will discuss three methods to resolve the problem. Let’s follow the complete guide to learn all of this.
Excel Spreadsheet Opening Larger Than Screen (3 Possible Solutions)
In the following section, we will use three effective and tricky solutions to solve the problem “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen”. Firstly, we will try to solve the problem by using the zoom option in MS Excel. In the second solution, we will modify Excel properties, and lastly, we will use the control panel to solve the problem. This section provides extensive details on these solutions. You should learn and apply these to improve your thinking capability and Excel knowledge. We use the Microsoft Office 365 version here, but you can utilize any other version according to your preference. Excel spreadsheets can sometimes open larger than the screen when you open previously saved Excel workbooks. The Excel workbook will look like this.
Now, we are going to demonstrate how we can solve the problem.
Solution 1: Set Zoom to 100%
We can easily solve the problem “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen” by using the zoom option. First of all, you have to go to the View tab, then you have to select the 100% zoom option.
As a consequence, you will solve the problem and see that the Excel worksheet will open on full screen as shown below.
Read More: How to Exit Full Screen in Excel
Solution 2: Modify Excel Properties
Here, we will discuss another possible solution to the problem mentioned above. We can solve the problem “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen” easily by following the below steps:
- First of all, you have to close your Excel Workbook.
- Then go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16.
- Next, you have to right-click on the EXCEL.EXE, then select Properties.
- Then, the EXCEL.EXE Properties window appears.
- Next, click on the Compatibility option,
- Afterward, uncheck Run in 640*480 screen resolution.
- Next, click on OK.
If you reopen your Excel workbook after following the above steps, you will notice that the problem has already been resolved.
Solution 3: Modify Display Settings
Here, we will discuss another effective solution for the problem mentioned above. We can solve the problem “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen” easily by following the below steps:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel, and then select All Control Panel Items.
- Next, click on the Optimize visual display from the Ease of Access Center option.
- Consequently, the Make the computer easier to see a window will appear.
- Next, click on the Change the size of text and icons from the Make things on the screen larger option.
- Therefore, the Settings window will appear.
- Then, from the Change the size of text, apps, and other items, select the size based on your preference as shown below.
You will notice that the problem has already been resolved after reopening your Excel workbook following the above steps.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
That’s the end of today’s session. I strongly believe that from now on, you may solve the problem “Excel spreadsheet opening larger than screen”. If you have any queries or recommendations, please share them in the comments section below.