If you are searching for the solution or some special tricks to clear the clipboard in Excel then you have landed in the right place. There are some quick steps to clear the clipboard in Excel. This article will show you each and every step with proper illustrations so, you can easily apply them for your purpose. Let’s get into the central part of the article.
What Is Clipboard?
The clipboard is that location where the copied and cut items are saved temporarily. And, in Microsoft Excel, you can see them in a list. When you copy an item using Ctrl+C, the windows OS saves this item in the clipboard and when you press Ctrl + V to Paste then it will bring that item from that place. Using the Ctrl+V shortcut, you can get only the last copied item but using the clipboard list, you can browse and paste up to 24 items.
Steps to Clear the Clipboard in Excel
Sometimes, you may need to clear the clipboard in Excel. Because, if excessive things are copied or a large item is copied then it will make your computer slow. Then, you may feel the need to clear the clipboard in Excel. In this section, I will show you the quick and easy steps to clear the clipboard in Excel on Windows operating system. You will find detailed explanations with clear illustrations of each thing in this article. I have used Microsoft 365 version here. But you can use any other versions as of your availability. If anything of this article doesn’t work in your version then leave us a comment.
Here, I am showing you all the necessary steps to clear the clipboard in Excel.
✅ Open Clipboard Tab in Excel
- To browse the clipboard in Microsoft Excel, you have to go to the Home tab in the top ribbon.
- Under the Home tab, you will see an arrow icon in the clipboard Click on this.
- Now, a new tab will appear on the right side of the worksheet titled “Clipboard”.
- Here, you see a list of items that you have copied till then. And also, if you copy a new item then, you will see it listed here.
✅ Clear All Items on Clipboard at Once
You can clear all of the items listed in the clipboard at once by clicking the “Clear All” button under the “Clipboard” title.
✅ Clear Items Individually from Clipboard
You can also clear a single item by selecting it. For this –
- Drag the mouse cursor on the item.
- Then, a drop-down arrow will be visible beside the item. Click on the arrow icon.
- Then, select the Delete option to delete that item from the clipboard.
Thus you can clear a single item or clear all items at once from the clipboard in Excel.
In this article, you have found how to clear the clipboard in Excel. I hope you found this article helpful. You can visit our website ExcelDemy to learn more Excel-related content. Please, drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.