SUMPRODUCT function: Syntax
SUMPRODUCT function: Example
Example: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:B4, C2:D4). This example says that components (A2, A3, A4, B2, B3, and B4) of Array1 (A2:B4) will be multiplied with the components (C2, C3, C4, D2, D3, and D4) of Array2 (C2:D4) and then summed. So the calculation will be: A2*C2+ A3*C3+ A4*C4+ B2*D2+ B3*D3+ B4*D4.
The following figure shows some real-time examples.
Some product real-time examples.
SUMPRODUCT function: Caution
- The array arguments must have the same dimensions. If they do not have the same dimensions, SUMPRODUCT function will return the #VALUE! error.
- SUMPRODUCT treats not numeric array values as zeros.
Download Working File
Happy Excelling 🙂
- How to Use SUM Function in Excel (With 6 Easy Examples)
- LARGE function in Excel
- How to Use PRODUCT Function in Excel (With 9 Examples)
- Use MOD Function in Excel (9 Suitable Examples)
- How to use RAND function in Excel (5 Examples)
- Use ROUND Function in Excel (With 9 Examples)
- How to Use INT Function in Excel (With 8 Examples)