If you are looking for simple ways to remove column headers in Excel, this article will serve the purpose. While working with Excel worksheets, sometimes we need to remove column headers from our worksheets. So, let’s start with this article and learn all the steps to remove column headers in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
What Are Column Headers?
In Microsoft Excel, both column and row headers are added to the worksheet by default. The column headers are situated at the top of the worksheet and the row is grey-colored. The column headers are denoted by alphabet (A, B, C,…).
2 Simple Ways to Remove Column Headers in Excel
In this article, we are going to learn 2 simple, and easy-to-use methods to remove column headers in Excel.
We have used Microsoft Excel 365 version for this article, you can use any other version according to your convenience.
In the following dataset, we have Sales Data of “ABC” Company. Now, we will remove column headers from the worksheet.
1. Using Excel Options to Remove Column Headers
Using Excel Options is one of the easiest ways to remove column headers in Excel. Let’s follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, go to the Files tab from the Ribbon.
After that, you will see the following image on your screen.
- Afterward, select the Options tab.
After selecting the Options tab, the following dialogue box will open, named Excel Options.
Note: You can press the ALT+F+T keyboard shortcut to directly open the Excel Options dialogue box from your worksheet.
- From the Excel Options dialogue box, click on Advanced.
After that, the following image will be available on your worksheet.
- Now, scroll down until you find Display options for this worksheet as marked in the picture given below.
- Afterward, uncheck the box of Show row and column headers.
- Then, press Ok.
Consequently, you will see those column headers are removed from your worksheet.
2. Utilizing View Tab to Remove Column Headers
By utilizing View Tab, we can remove the column headers in a quite efficient way. Let’s follow the steps given below to do this.
- Firstly, go to the View tab from the ribbon.
- After that, uncheck the box of Headings, as marked in the following image.
There you go! You will see that your column headers are removed from your worksheet like in the following picture.
How to Remove Column Headers from Table in Excel
In Excel, when we use a table to represent our data, Excel automatically adds the headers to the table. But sometimes we need to keep the table while removing the column headers of the table.
In the following image, we can see the Sales Data of “ABC” Company shown in table format.
So, let’s learn the steps to remove column headers from a table.
- Firstly, select the table as marked in the following picture.
After that, the Table Design tab will be available on the ribbon
- Now, click on the Table Design tab.
Afterward, you will see the following image on your screen.
- Now, uncheck the box of Header Row from the Table Style Options group.
Consequently, you will see that the column headers from your table are removed.
For doing practice, we have provided a practice section in each worksheet on the right side. Please do it by yourself.
Finally, we have to the very end of the article. I sincerely hope that this article was able to guide you to learn the steps to remove column headers in Excel. Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any queries or recommendations for improving the article’s quality. To learn more about Excel, you can visit our website, ExcelDemy. Happy learning!
- How to Keep Row Headings in Excel When Scrolling (3 Ways)
- Dealing with Tables with Changing Headers in Power Query
- How to Repeat Column Headings on Each Page in Excel (3 Ways)
- Create Excel Table with Row and Column Headers
- How to Make First Row as Header in Excel (4 Simple Methods)
- Promote a Row to a Column Header in Excel (2 Ways)
- Keep Row Headings in Excel When Scrolling Without Freeze