This tutorial will demonstrate how to make a cricket scorecard in excel. The cricket scorecard displays the total collection of runs for a team with how many wickets they have lost. It not only gives us the details of a team’s performance but also tells us the overall situation of the game. This scoreboard can also show the summary of the whole cricket match. So, making a cricket scorecard in excel is very important.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Make Cricket Scorecard in Excel
Our goal is to make a cricket scoreboard in excel. If you follow the following steps correctly, you should learn how to make a cricket scorecard in excel on your own. The steps are:
Step 1: Creating Batting Scorecard
At the very beginning, we will aim to create a batting scoreboard. To fulfill that goal, we have to follow the below procedures.
- First, create a dataset like the below image. In this case, we have the Names in Column B, Runs in Column C, Balls in Column D, 4s, and 6s in Column E and F, and Strike Rate in Column G.
- Next, input the data of the game manually in the cells.
- After that, in cell G6 insert the following formula.
- Furthermore, press the Enter button to get the result for that cell.
- Then, use the Fill Handle to apply the same formula to all the desired cells.
- After that, you will get the below result.
- Next to that, in cell C17 insert the following SUM formula using the SUM function to get the total run.
- Afterward, you will get the total runs in the cell.
- Again, use the same formula as the previous step in cells D17, E17, and F17 to get the number of total Balls, total 4s, and total 6s.
- Finally, you will get the desired batting scoreboard.
Step 2: Making Bowling Scorecard
Now, we will try to make a bowling scoreboard. To do so, we have to follow the below steps.
- At first, we have to arrange a dataset. In the dataset, we have the Names in Column B, Overs in Column C, Maidens in Column D, Runs in Column E, Wickets in Column F and Strike Rate in Column G.
- Second, manually insert the data of the game.
- Third, insert the following formula in cell G6 to get the Economy Rate.
- Fourth, you will get the result after pressing the Enter button.
- Next, use the Fill Handle option to apply it to all desired cells.
- Last, you will get the desired bowling scorecard.
Step 3: Presenting Summary of Scorecard
In this last step, we have to show the summary of the game of an innings. We can do it by following the below steps.
- To begin with, you have to create a dataset. In the dataset, we have the Final Score in Column B.
- In addition, we input the data manually in this format(Total Runs/Total Wickets).
- Furthermore, input the two highest run-getters in the left-side column and the two highest wicket-takers in the right-side column.
- Finally, you will get the desired result.
Things to Remember
- We have shown the scorecard for an innings of the game. If you want to create the whole game summary, you have to do the same step for the 2nd innings also.
- You can create the scorecard, but you have to input the data manually.
- You can easily change the color of the scorecard according to your wish.
Henceforth, follow the above-described methods. Thus, you will be able to show how to make a cricket scorecard in excel. Let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.