In many Excel documents, we face a lot of Carriage Returns in our workbook. However, for some documentation purposes, we try to give up ourselves from Carriage Return. In this blog post, we will find and replace Carriage Return in Excel. So, follow the easiest way to solve your problem which is just a few clicks away.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from the following download button.
Steps to Find and Replace Carriage Return in Excel
Carriage Return moves some of a cell’s content to new lines into the exact same cell. The terms return, and CR is also used to refer to it.
The sample data set shows some addresses of the people from different states. Due to the import of text files, the Address field has several carriage returns. We will address this issue in this article.
📌 Step 1: Select Data
- To begin with, we have to select the column that has a lot of CR or Carriage Return. After selecting the column, we will press Ctrl+H to open up the Find and Replace popup.
Read More: How to Find and Replace in Excel Column (6 Ways)
📌 Step 2: Go to Find and Replace Dialog Box
- After pressing Ctrl+H to open up the Find and Replace the image shown below will appear.
Read More: How to Find and Replace Using Formula in Excel (4 Examples)
📌 Step 3: Press Ctrl+J to Find Carriage Returns in Data and Replace Them All
- In the Find What field enter Ctrl+J. Then there will be a blinking dot in the box. After that, we will hit the Replace All button.
You could put a space in the Replace with box too.
- We have replaced Carriage Return with space and so here is our result which is given below.
Read More: How to Find and Replace within Selection in Excel (7 Methods)
The fundamental tasks to Find and Replace Carriage Return in Excel will be completed by this approach and these steps. The workbook is also available for download, so you may use it for your own practice. If you have any questions, problems, or recommendations, just let me know in the comment area. Visit our blog ExcelDemy for more similar Excel-related issues.
- Find and Replace Values in Multiple Excel Files (3 Methods)
- How to Find and Replace Asterisk (*) Character in Excel
- Find and Replace a Text in a Range with Excel VBA (Macro and UserForm)
- [Fixed!] Excel Find and Replace Not Working (6 Solutions)
- Excel VBA to Find and Replace Text in a Column (2 Examples)
- Replace Text of a Cell Based on Condition in Excel (5 Easy Methods)
- How to Replace Text in Excel Formula (7 Easy Ways)