In this article, we will learn how to add Excel feathered theme. While working in Excel, you will find different types of themes that can improve the readability of the dataset. Usually, a feathered theme is not added to Excel by default. In that case, we will add the feathered theme according to the choice and then save the theme so that we can use it later, in Microsoft Excel. So, let’s start.
The overview image shows the full process of adding the theme. For a better understanding, go through the entire article.
What Is a Feathered Theme?
In Excel, Theme is defined by Font color, Effects, Font, Default color, etc. A feathered theme is a theme that is inspired by feathers. Also, you can modify the color, font effect according to your choice and make a custom theme inspired by feathers. Users can the theme for better readability and accurate visualization.
How to Add Excel Feathered Theme: Step-by-Step Procedure
The dataset below contains the Sales and Profit for some electronics companies. Sometimes you need to change the Excel theme for better visualization. To add a feathered theme, go through all the steps shown below. So, let’s start.
Step-1: Download the Feathered Theme
Here, we will show how to download a feathered theme from Google. Follow the below steps now to get the theme available.
- Initially, write down “Featured Theme” in the search bar to get any feathered theme suitable to Microsoft Office.
- After that, download the theme and open it.
- This theme will be visible in PowerPoint as below.
Read More: How to Apply Slice Theme in Excel
Step-2: Save the Theme in Microsoft Powerpoint
Once the theme is added, you need to save the feathered theme using the below process.
- Go to the design tab if the tab is not already open.
- Click the drop-down button for the themes and select Save Current Theme from the drop-down bar.
- Now, the Save Current Theme dialog box will pop up, and you can save the theme by selecting Save in a suitable folder.
Step-3: Add the Theme in Excel
As the theme is saved in the folder, open the Excel file and follow the below steps to apply the theme to the workbook.
- First, select Page Layout>> Theme >> Browse the Themes in the Toolbox.
- Therefore, the Save Current Theme dialog box will pop up as below.
- Now, select Feathered Theme from the options and click on Save to save the theme.
- Now, again, go to the Theme drop-down menu and the Custom section.
Step-4: Save the Theme and Get the Output
Once you add the theme in Excel, you need to save the theme so that it stays in Excel and you can select it every time you are customizing your dataset.
- Afterward, select Save Current Theme to save the theme.
- Then, Save Current Theme dialog box will pop up.
- Now, save the file using a similar way as Browse for Theme and complete the process.
- Finally, the output will be similar to the one below.
Read More: [Solved!] Excel Feathered Theme Missing
Things to Remember
- If any theme supports any application of Microsoft Office rather than Excel then you add add that theme in Excel as well.
- You cannot change the theme for individual sheets. If you change the theme then the previous theme will be changed for the whole worksheet.
Download Practice Workbook
You can find the practice sheet here.
In this article, we learned how to add a feathered theme in Excel. Sometimes changing themes is better for visualization, so if you add different themes in your Excel, this will be a great way to portray the dataset. Hopefully, you can solve the problem shown in this article. Please let us know in the comment section if there are any queries or suggestions.