While working in Microsoft Excel sometimes we need to copy table from Excel to Powerpoint with formatting. You can do it easily by copying and pasting it to Powerpoint as a table or image. Today, in this article, I am sharing with you how to copy table from Excel to Powerpoint with formatting. Stay tuned!
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
2 Quick Methods to Copy Table from Excel to Powerpoint with Formatting
In the following, I have described 2 quick and easy methods to copy table from Excel to Powerpoint with formatting using some simple tricks.
Imagine we have a dataset of some Car company Name and Their Brand Value in an Excel worksheet. Now we will copy the whole table to Powerpoint with formatting.
1. Use Paste Special Feature to Copy Table with Formatting
If you are looking for a quick solution to copy table from Excel worksheet to Powerpoint with the exact same formatting then you are at the right place. Follow the instructions below-
- First, choose the whole table and press CTRL+C to copy.
- Second, open your Powerpoint file and hit “Paste Special” from the Home ribbon.
- Next, select “Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object” and press OK to continue.
- Finally, you will get the table copied as an image to PowerPoint with formatting. Simple isn’t it?
- How to Insert an Excel File into PowerPoint as an Icon
- Perform Excel to PowerPoint Automation (With Easy Steps)
- How to Link Powerpoint to Excel for Dynamic Data Updates
2. Utilize Paste Options to Copy Table to Powerpoint with Formatting
In some cases, you might want to copy table and paste it to Powerpoint with formatting and change the data of the table at the same time. Well, here I have an easy solution for this.
- Presently, choose the whole table from the worksheet and click “Copy” from the options that appeared by right clicking the mouse button.
- Now, open the Powerpoint document where you want to paste the table.
- Choosing the slide right click the mouse button and hit “Keep Source Formatting” from the “Paste” options.
- Hence, the exact table from the Excel worksheet will be copied. Let’s check whether we can edit the table data or not.
- To do so, select the last row with data and press DELETE.
- In conclusion, you will see that the data from the last row will disappear. Here, we have successfully copied table from Excel to Powerpoint with formatting and edited our table without any hesitation.
How to Solve If Embedded Excel in Powerpoint Not Showing All Data
You can also embed Excel documents directly into Powerpoint. But in some situation, you will see all data is not showing in the Powerpoint file. In this situation, you can follow the instruction below to get all data in your desired place.
- First, let’s start with attaching an Excel file by clicking “Object” from the “Insert” option.
- Then, choose “Create from file” and press “Browse”.
- Now, from the new window choose your desired Excel workbook and click OK to continue.
- After the Excel workbook is selected checkmark the “Display as icon” option and Hit OK.
- Thus, you will get the excel icon instead of the data from the workbook. Let’s move on to the solution to this problem.
- When the Excel workbook is uploaded checkmark the “Link” option and press OK to continue.
- This time, you will see all the data from the Excel workbook will be displayed over the Powerpoint slide. Enjoy!
Things to Remember
- You can not copy and paste formulas from an Excel Worksheet into a PowerPoint slide as the software is unable to read it.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods to copy table from Excel to Powerpoint with formatting. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.