Companies may use tenths or hundredths of minutes to calculate wages. As a result, it may be required to convert minutes to hundredths in Excel. Excel formulas constituted by Arithmetic Operators and combined functions convert minutes to hundredths with ease.
Let’s say we have a dataset that holds the working hours, and we want to convert the minutes into hundredths to find the employee’s wage.
In this article, we demonstrate how to use arithmetic operators and formulas to convert minutes to hundredths in Excel.
Download Excel Workbook
3 Easy Ways to Convert Minutes to Hundredths in Excel
Users display typical working hours in hours: minutes (hh:mm) format. Normally, there is no issue with hours as there is an offered wage per hour. But users need to convert minutes to hundredths if companies have such a policy.
Follow the below section to convert minutes to hundredths in Excel.
Method 1: Multiplying by 24 to Convert Minutes to Hundredths in Excel
Multiplying hh:mm by 24 converts minutes to hundredths. However, the cells need to be in General or Number format. To preformat the cells as General or Number, users need to click the Number Setting icon (Home > Number section) or press CTRL+1 to display the Format Cells window.
Step 1: Type the following formula in any adjacent cells.
Step 2: Drag the Fill Handle to convert the other cells as shown in the latter picture.
Read More: How to Convert Minutes to Tenths of an Hour in Excel (6 Ways)
- How to Convert Milliseconds to Seconds in Excel (2 Quick Ways)
- Convert Time to Text in Excel (3 Effective Methods)
- How to Convert Seconds to Hours Minutes Seconds in Excel
- Convert Minutes to Days in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
- How to Convert Hours to Percentage in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
Method 2: Using SUBSTITUTE and TEXT Functions to Convert Minutes to Hundredths
Also, users can display the method 1 outcomes with custom cell formatting without ever preformatting the cells.
Step 1: Insert the below formula into any blank cells.
- Firstly, the TEXT function displays the (E6*24) value in (“00“) format_text.
- Then the SUBSTITUTE function replaces the (“.“) old_text with (“:“) new_text.
Step 2: Now, use the Fill Handle to convert the other minutes to hundredths as depicted in the picture below.
Read More: How to Convert Minutes to Hours and Minutes in Excel
Method 3: Using TEXT and FLOOR Functions to Convert Minutes with Custom Format
As an alternative to method 1, users can use the TEXT and MINUTE functions to fetch the hours and minutes, respectively. Then the FLOOR function returns the hundredths of minutes up to the assigned multiples.
Step 1: Paste the formula into the F6 cell.
=TEXT(E6,"[hh]") & ":" & FLOOR(MINUTE(E6)*100/60,1)
- The TEXT function brings in the hours.
- The MINUTE function fetches the minutes from the E6 Then it converts the minutes to hundredths by multiplying them by 100/60.
- The FLOOR function takes MINUTE(E6)*100/60 as its number 1 is assigned as Significance. Significance is the multiple which is used to round the resultant value.
- Finally, the Ampersand (&) concatenates the portions with a “:” between them.
Step 2: Use the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells.
Read More: How to Convert Minutes to Seconds in Excel (2 Quick Ways)
This article discusses cell formatting and ways to convert minutes to hundredths in Excel. Only method 1 requires cells to be preformatted. Other methods use formulas that format the outcomes automatically. We hope these methods help you understand the conversion. Use any of the methods to achieve your requirements.
Check out our awesome website, Exceldemy, to find interesting articles on Excel.