In certain circumstances, we have to add weeks to a date. Like when you confirm an order for buying something online at a specific date, the company tells you that they will send the order after 8 weeks or 12 weeks. You might easily calculate the desired date using Excel in such a situation.
In this article, I’m going to demonstrate the four fast and simple methods for identifying the date after adding weeks in Excel.
Download the Practice Workbook
4 Fast and Simple Methods to Add Weeks to A Date in Excel
We see a dataset in the following figure where order ID, its date, and number of weeks to add are given. Right away, we have to find out the date after adding the number of weeks. Four methods are discussed here with enough explanation.
i. Using Simple Arithmetic Formula
The simple arithmetic formula is: Cell (date) + 7*Number of weeks
If we want to apply the formula to our dataset, we have to select a blank cell (here E2 cell is selected). After that, enter the Equal sign (=). Then insert C2+7*D2 where C2 and D2 are cells of order date and number of weeks to add respectively.
Subsequently, you can easily find the value of other cells using the Fill Handle Tool. Just drag the cursor at the lower right corner of the E2 cells and expand till E9. And finally, you will find the output like the following
ii. Employing the DATE Function
The main formula is
DATE(YEAR(),MONTH(),DAY()+(7*Number of WEEKS))
We can easily employ the function in the case of our dataset. For this, select a blank cell (e.g. E2). And enter the formula like
=DATE(YEAR(C3),MONTH(C3),DAY(C3)+7*D3). Here C3 is the cell of order date and D3 is the number of weeks to add. Afterward, you will receive the output like the below.
Right now, you can fill the next cells using the Fill Handle Tool like the previous method.
iii. Applying SUM Function
The main formula of applying the SUM function for identifying the date after adding weeks is =SUM(cell, 7*number of weeks to add)
If you want to apply the above formula for this dataset. Input the value like the following in a blank cell.
Here, C3 is the order date and D3 is the number of weeks to add for order ID 451
Now use the Fill Handle Tool like the previous two methods and you will get the output. Check the output with the below output of the mine.
➥ Read More: How to Add 7 Days to a Date in Excel (3 Methods)
iv. Utilizing Paste Special
Well, this is a really simple and quick method. But it is not suitable for the larger dataset. You can utilize the method for identifying certain dates. For applying the method, you may proceed with the following steps-
1. Select the number of weeks that are converted into days by multiplying 7
2. Pick the existing date. In our dataset, it will be the order date. If you want to get the output in a new cell you have to copy the order date data into the new cell. I copied the order data of order ID 451 into the E3 cell.
3. Right-click on the mouse button, you will get Paste Special options.
4. Chose the Values
5. Pick the Add option
6. Press Ok
7. In this way, you have to identify the date after adding weeks separately. The outputs will be the same as the following.
So these are all the ways that we have talked about. I strongly believe that these might be helpful for you. Whatever, if you have any opinions and comments, please write here the below.
- How to Add Months to a Date in Excel (2 Ways)
- How to Add 30 Days to a Date in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
- How to Add Dates in Excel Automatically
- Excel Add Months to Date (4 Easiest Examples)
- Add Days to Date Using Excel Formula
- How to Add/Subtract Years to a Date in Excel
- Add days to date in Excel excluding weekends and holidays (4 ways)