This tutorial will demonstrate the steps to insert a 3D clustered column chart in Excel. A clustered column chart presents more than one data series in clustered columns. In this case, every data series has the same axis labels. It helps to compare multiple series. It is most useful when data points are limited to a specific range. After going through this article, you can insert a 3D clustered column chart in Excel yourself.
How to Insert a 3D Clustered Column Chart in Excel: Step-by-Step Procedures
We’ll use a sample dataset overview as an example in Excel to understand easily. If you follow the steps correctly then you should input a 3D clustered column chart in Excel on your own. The steps are given below.
Step 1: Arrange Dataset for 3D Clustered Column Chart
For instance, we have a dataset of people with their Work Hours in Column C and Daily Pay in Column D. At this point, you want to insert a 3D clustered column chart.
Step 2: Inserting 3D Clustered Column Chart
Our main goal is to insert a 3D clustered column chart in Excel to compare the data series with a better visualization.
- First, select the whole table and click on the Insert tab.
- Then, go to Insert Column or Bar Chart and select the 3-D Column option.
- After that, the 3-D Column chart will appear on the display screen.
Step 3: Labeling Axis
To present the data series with proper description, labeling axes are a must.
- Firstly, select the whole graph chart.
- Secondly, select the option Chart Elements.
- Thirdly, click on Axis Titles and select both the Primary Horizontal and Primary Vertical.
- Then, Axis Title will appear on your chart like the below image.
- After that, link the chart with table data using Select Axis Title> Formula Bar> Select Cell.
- If you have followed all steps currently, then you will get a result like the below image.
- You can label the vertical axis performing similar steps as before and get the following result.
Step 4: Labeling Data
If you want to present a more descriptive chart then you must label the data.
- Initially, select the chart and go to Chart Elements.
- Afterward, click on the Data Labels option and select More Options.
- Then, the Format Data Labels tab will appear on the right side of your window.
- Next, go to Label Options and choose accordingly.
- After pressing Enter, you will get the proper result as shown in the below image.
Step 5: Formatting Data Label and Series
If you want to make any change in the graph chart then you should format the data label and series according to your necessity.
- In this case, select the whole chart at first.
- Next, right-click on the chart and select Format Chart Area.
- Afterward, go to Series Option and change Gap Depth, Gap Width, or Column shape according to your wish.
- Finally, you will get the following result.
Insert 3D Clustered Bar Chart in Excel
A clustered bar chart is a primary Excel chart where different graphs are presented close to each other to evaluate data of different categories with help of vertical or horizontal bars. To create a 3D clustered bar chart, follow the below instructions:
- Select the table and go to the Insert tab.
- Click on the Insert Column or Bar Chart and select the 3-D Bar option.
- After that, the 3-D Bar chart will appear on the display screen.
- After selecting the option you will get this result.
Things to Remember
- In case of linking the graph with the table, in the Formula Bar, you have to use ‘=’ and then select the desired column.
- In Step 4, in the Format Data Labels, you have to select your chart data otherwise the Label options won’t show up on the screen.
Henceforth, follow the above-described methods. Thus, you will be able to insert a 3D clustered column chart in Excel. Let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.