While working on an Excel Worksheet, sometimes you may need to work with a set of information like customer information, product information, or contacts of students or others. These pieces of data need to be appropriately handled. As a result, you need to convert the excel file into a CSV file to preserve the contact information. In this article, I will show you how to make a CSV file in Excel for contacts. This is a concise and precise process. Hopefully, this article will help you to enhance your skill.
What Is a CSV File?
A comma-separated values file, or CSV, is something you will unavoidably come across if you work with spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel. A CSV file is a plain text file. This file can be opened in a variety of programs, including the Notepad app and any program that supports plain text.
A CSV file commonly uses commas to denote informational separations. It’s a method for applications that can’t necessarily communicate directly with one another to share structured data, such as the contents of a spreadsheet. We can transfer data between two programs as long as they can both open CSV files. For instance, you can export contact data from Microsoft Excel as a CSV file and import it into Outlook’s address book.
How to Make a CSV File in Excel for Contacts: with Easy Steps
From here, I will show you how to make a CSV file in Excel for contacts. I hope you will find interest in this article. Hopefully, this will increase your Excel skill. Let’s follow the procedures step by step to complete the method. I have added illustrations for your better understanding.
Step 1: Create a dataset
This is the first step of this procedure. I will create a dataset about Customer information of ABC Traders. Have a look at the following points.
- I have added a dataset of Customer information for ABC Traders.
- The dataset has three columns, B, C, & D called Name, Id, and Email Id.
- The dataset ranges from the B5 cell to the D10.
Read More: How to Create CSV File from Excel
Step 2: Go to Save As Option
This is the second step of this method. I will show the next step of how to make a CSV file for contacts. Look at the following steps.
- First, go to the file option in your toolbar.
- Then you can see the home tab on the left side of the window.
- After that, you will find the Save As option there.
- Then, select the Save As option.
- Hence, click on the Browse option.
Step 3: Select CSV Option
This is the third step of the procedure. I will show you how to select the CSV option and where you will find the option. So, without any further delay, let’s jump into the step.
- After selecting the browse option, you need to select a file where you will save the file.
- Then, rename the file.
- After that, you will find the Save As type option. Select the arrow at the right side of the option.
- Then, find out the CSV option from the list of options.
- After that, select it.
- Hence, you will see the CSV option in the Save As type box.
- Then, select the Save option.
Read More: Convert Excel to Comma Delimited CSV File
Step 4: Final Result
As a result, you will find the file in CSV format.
Things to Remember
- You should remind in your mind that this process is applicable only for Excel 2016 and the upper version of Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
In this article, I have tried to explain how to Make a CSV File in Excel for Contacts. I hope, you have learned something new from this article. Now, extend your skill by following the steps of these methods. You will find such interesting blogs on our website Exceldemy. I hope you have enjoyed the whole tutorial. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comment section. Don’t forget to give us your feedback.