This article illustrates how to change the Excel sheet direction from right to left. The Excel sheet direction is from left to right by default. You can change the sheet direction to Right-to-Left if required. But if you have accidentally changed the sheet direction then follow the article. You will learn about a number of ways to change the sheet direction back from right to left.
How to Change Excel Sheet from Right to Left: 4 Ways
The Excel sheet direction is from left to right by default. It shows the row numbers and sheet tabs on the left. The column numbers also start from the left.
If you accidentally change the sheet direction, it will look as follows. Here the row numbers and sheet tabs are on the right. The column numbers also start from the right.
Now, follow the methods below to change it from right to left.
1. Excel Sheet from Right to Left by Enabling from Excel Options
You can change the sheet direction using Excel Options. Follow the steps below to be able to do that.
- First, press Alt + F + T to open the Excel Options.
- Then select the Advanced tab.
- After that, go to the Display options for this worksheet section.
- Next, uncheck the Show sheet right-to-left checkbox.
- Finally, click on the OK button.
- This may not work for new workbooks if the default sheet direction is set to Right-to-left. Go to the Display section to fix that.
- Then mark the radio button for Left-to-right to reset the Default Direction.
- Click OK after that.
Read More: How to Flip Excel Sheet from Left to Right
2. Add Right-to-Left Document Command to Quick Access Toolbar
If you often need to change your sheet direction, you can add the Right-to-Left Document command to the Quick Access Toolbar. Follow the steps below to be able to do that.
- First, click on the Quick Access Toolbar menu as shown below.
- Then select More Commands. This will take you to the Quick Access Toolbar tab on the Excel Options window.
- Alternatively, you can use the Alt + F + T shortcut.
- Then choose All Commands from the dropdown list.
- Next, scroll down and select Right-to-Left Document.
- After that, click on the Add button.
- Finally, the command will be available in the Quick Access Toolbar. Now you can change the sheet direction with a single click.
3. Customize Ribbon to Add Right-to-Left Document
Alternatively, you can customize the Ribbon to add that command.
- You can see the command included in the Sheet Options group in the Page Layout tab from Excel Options.
- Yet, it is not visible in the Ribbon.
- Now follow the steps to make it visible in the Page Layout tab.
- First, use the Alt + F + T shortcut to Excel Options. You can also select File >> Options to do that.
- Then select the Customize Ribbon tab.
- Next, expand the Page Layout tab and select the Sheet Options group.
- Now click on the New Group button below. Then a custom group will be created.
- Select the group and click on Rename.
- Next, type a name and click OK.
- After that, choose All Commands using the dropdown.
- Then, select the Right-to-Left Document command and then click on the Add button.
- Finally, click OK.
- After that, you can access the command from the Page Layout tab.
Read More: How to Change Worksheet Tab Color in Excel
4. Change the Excel Sheet from Right to Left Using Group Policy Editor
You can also use the Group Policy Editor to change the Excel sheet direction from right to left. Follow the steps below to be able to do that.
- First, type gpedit.msc on your Windows search bar and press ENTER.
- Then go to the following path: User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Microsoft Excel >> Excel Options >> Advanced.
- Next, double-click on the Default sheet direction setting.
- After that, mark the radio button for Enabled.
- Then change the default sheet direction from Right-to-Left to Left-to-Right.
- Finally, select Apply and then OK.
Now you know how to change the Excel sheet direction from right to left. Which method did you prefer? Do you have any further queries or suggestions? Please let us know in the comment section below.