Excel or other Microsoft Office applications has some intelligent features. Spell Check is one of them. While writing in an Excel sheet, you can make errors or misspell words. Excel can identify the error. Hence, it can replace the misspelled word with correct spelling. But, sometimes we must turn off spell check for specific requirements. So, in this article, I will show the descriptive steps to Turn Off Spell Check in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Please download the practice workbook for further practice.
3 Quick Steps to Turn Off Spell Check in Excel
Let’s consider a dataset of Student Information. The dataset has 3 columns called B, C, & D indicating Roll, Name, & Status. Moreover, the whole dataset is ranging from B5 to D10. I will show you how to Turn Off Spell Check in Excel with the necessary steps and illustrations.
Step 1: Find Out the Misspelled Words
- Here, the picture shown below indicates three misspelled words: Present, bsent, and Abent.
Step 2: Go to the Proofing Option
- First, Select the File Option in the Toolbar.
- Then, Click on the Options.
- After that, you will find a pop-up window like the picture below.
- Select the Proofing Option from the left side of the window.
- Further, Click on the AutoCorrect Options.
Step 3: Uncheck the Required Options
- After clicking on the AutoCorrect Option, you will find a popup window like the one below.
- Here, you will find 5 checkboxes.
- Hence Uncheck all the checkboxes.
- After that, the Spell Check feature will be turned off.
Turn on Spell Check in Excel
In the earlier portion of this article, we have discussed the methods to Turn Off Spell Check in Excel. But, Sometimes you may need to Turn on the Spell Check option. This is why I will discuss the procedures to Turn on the Spell Check option in Excel with suitable steps and illustrations.
- First, Select the whole dataset.
- Then, Go to the Review option on the Toolbar.
- After that, Select the Spelling option.
- You will find the pop-up window just like the picture shown below.
- Then, Select the correct option.
- Hence, Click on the Change button.
- The errors will come forward one by one. Just Press the Change button and replace it with the correct one.
- As a result, you will find the corrected dataset just like the picture given below.
Things to Remember
- Turning Off Spell Check may hamper the content quality of misspelled words or errors. So, you need to be careful about the errors.
I hope this article will help you to Turn Off Spell Check in Excel. If you have any kind of queries, feel free to ask me in the comment section or just have a look at our website Exceldemy.com.