Conversion of currency is very common now. People visit from one country to another, they need to convert their currency. In case of buying any product from the foreign, that time we also need to convert currency. In Excel, we can convert the currency of a product in multiple ways. But in this article, we will show only how to convert INR to USD in Excel with proper illustrations.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
4 Methods to Convert INR to USD in Excel
We will show some simple methods to convert from INR to USD based on different Excel functions and multiplication. Have a look at the below methods.
We have the following dataset, which contains the price of some products in INR. We will convert them into USD.
1. Currency Conversion Applying Division Formula
In this method, we will apply a simple division operation to convert INR to USD in Excel.
- We have added a new column on the right side to convert the INR into USD.
- We add new rows in the dataset that explains the conversion rate of INR to USD.
- Go to Cell D5.
- Put the following formula based on division operation.
We divide INR with a factor to convert into USD.
- Press the Enter button and drag the Fill Handle icon.
Finally, we converted INR into USD successfully.
2. Find INR and Convert to USD Using IF Function
In this method, we will find INR from a given list of currencies and then convert that into USD.
- This is the dataset from which we will find INR values and then convert them to USD.
- Now, create a formula based on the IF function and insert it into Cell E5.
=IF($D5=$C$12,$C5/$C$13,"Not in INR")
- Press the Enter button.
We converted the INR values and when there is no value of INR indicated as Not in INR.
3. Find INR and Convert to USD Using VLOOKUP Function
In this method, we will use the VLOOKUP function to find out the products whose price is INR and then convert that into USD.
- We add new cells in the dataset for the name of the product and price in USD.
- We apply a formula to Cell G5.
This formula will find out the product, which is given in INR.
- Press the Enter button.
We can see the name of the product is showing.
- Now, we will apply another VLOOKUP function on Cell G6.
- Again, press the Enter button.
Here, we converted the INR into USD. This is our desired result, which is converted from INR to USD.
4. Combine MATCH & INDEX Functions
The working process of this method is similar to VLOOKUP. First, we will find out the product with currency in INR and then, convert the currency into USD.
- Move to Cell G5.
- Then, insert the following formula on that cell.
- After that, press the Enter button.
We get the name of the product in currency INR.
- Again, we insert a formula combining the MATCH and INDEX functions on Cell G6.
- Finally, press the Enter button for the converted currency.
We get the price of the T-shirt in USD after converting from INR.
In this article, we described how to convert currency from INR to USD in Excel. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website Exceldemy.com and give your suggestions in the comment box.