This tutorial will demonstrate how to insert an excel VBA radio button input box. Radio buttons are mainly used as options in cases where different choices are available. We have seen many web pages where these buttons are available for the ease of the users. So, we should learn how to insert an excel VBA radio button input box.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
3 Easy Methods to Insert Excel VBA Radio Button Input Box
There are 3 methods for inserting an excel VBA radio button input box. If you follow the steps correctly, you should learn how to insert an excel VBA radio button input box on your own. The steps are:
1. Inserting One VBA Radio Button in Excel
In this case, we aim to insert only one VBA radio button input box. The steps of this method are.
- First, go to Developer > Insert > Option Button options.
- Next, then insert the desired cell you want to insert the VBA radio button.
- Finally, you can set the desired name and you will get the below result.
2. Adding Multiple VBA Radio Buttons Using Developer Tab
Now, our target is to insert multiple VBA radio buttons by using the Developer Tab option. The steps of this method are.
- At first, go to Developer > Insert > Option Button options.
- Second, you will the below result.
- Third, if you do the same step one more time then you will get the same result only this time it will be named “Radio Button 2”.
- Last, you can repeat the same steps to get your desired result.
Read More: How to Add Button in Excel (3 Handy Ways)
- How to Use VBA Code for Submit Button in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Clear Cells in Excel with Button (with Detailed Steps)
- Print to PDF Using Macro Button in Excel (5 Macro Variants)
- How to Hide Columns with Button in Excel (4 Suitable Methods)
- Text Alignment with VBA Command Button in Excel (5 Methods)
3. Inserting Multiple Radio Buttons by Copy Pasting
We can also insert multiple VBA radio buttons by using the Developer Tab option. The steps of this method are.
- To begin with, insert the radio button like the first method go to Developer > Insert > Option Button options to get the one button.
- Then, right-click on the button and press the option Copy or press the Ctrl+C options.
- In addition, press the Ctrl+V options to paste the copied button. The copied button will have the same name as the original button.
- Finally, if you repeat the steps you will get the desired result.
Grouping VBA Radio Buttons in Excel
Now, we want to group multiple VBA radio buttons so that we can easily know the selected range for a certain decision. The steps of this method are.
- First, go to go to Developer > Insert > Group options.
- Second, you will get the desired result.
- Last, you have to insert all the buttons inside this box so that one can understand them as group buttons. If you want to link buttons to any cells you have to do it for one button others will automatically be linked.
How to Delete VBA Radio Buttons in Excel
Sometimes, we need to delete unnecessary buttons in excel by following the below steps.
- At first, right-click on the unnecessary button.
- Second, press the Delete option.
- Last, you will get the desired result.
Fixing Position of VBA Radio Buttons in Excel
If you want to change the position of the VBA radio buttons then you can do this by following the below steps.
- At first, right-click on the cell you want to change position and then press the Format Control option.
- Second, go to the Properties > Move but don’t size with cells > OK options in the Format Control dialog box.
- Last, you will be able to make the desired changes like the below image.
Comparison Between VBA Radio Button and Checkbox in Excel
We want to compare the VBA radio button with the checkbox in excel. Though the radio button and the checkbox in excel look similar they have slight differences from each other. In the case of using a radio button, one person can select only one option among all the buttons. But a checkbox allows one to select multiple buttons at the same time.
So, if you want your audience to select one option then go for the radio button option but if you want to give them multiple options to select then use the checkbox option in excel.
Henceforth, follow the above-described methods. Hopefully, these methods will help you to insert an excel VBA radio button input box. We will be glad to know if you can execute the task in any other way. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Please feel free to add comments, suggestions, or questions in the section below if you have any confusion or face any problems. We will try our best to solve the problem or work with your suggestions.
- How to Set Option Button Value in Excel VBA (4 Easy Steps)
- Create a Macro Button in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
- How to Create Button Without Macro in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- Add Up and Down Buttons in Excel (2 Suitable Examples)
- How to Change Cell Value Using Toggle Button in Excel
- How to Create Button to Link to Another Sheet in Excel (3 Ways)