Microsoft Excel is the most used spreadsheet all over the world which helps businesses and organizations analyze data. You can use an Excel spreadsheet to store data like contact lists or customer information. The main advantage of it is that you can pull data from the spreadsheet to any format whenever you want. Today in this article, I am sharing how to create a contact list in Excel. Stay tuned!
How to Create a Contact List in Excel: with Easy Steps
In the following, I have described 2 simple and quick steps to create a contact list in Excel.
Step 1: Create Dataset with Proper Information
- First, to make a contact list we will start with creating the table where we will put information. Here I have created a table with “First Name” and “Last Name”.
- Second, you have to put another two columns where we will write down the “Mail Address” and “Contact Number”.
- Therefore, you can add “Home Number”, “Home Address” and “Post Code” to complete the table.
Step 2: Fill Cells with Appropriate Data to Complete the Contact List
- Above all, it’s time to fill the dataset. Here I have written down the “First Name” and “Last Name” from my list. You can put your contact list.
- Now, I have put their “Mail Address” and “Contact Number” according to the names.
- Hence, click on a “Mail Address” from the following list.
- Therefore, it will directly create a mail attaching the mail address.
- After that, we will add “Home Number”, “Home Address” and “Post Code”.
- Finally, we have successfully created our contact list in Excel.
Read More: How to Make a To Do List in Excel
Things to Remember
- After creating the contact list you can save the file to CSV format so that you can export it to different sources easily.
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods to create a contact list in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience.
- How to Make a Bulleted List in Excel
- How to Make a Numbered List in Excel
- How to Make Alphabetical List in Excel
- How to Make a Comma Separated List in Excel
- How to Make a List within a Cell in Excel
- How to Make a Price List in Excel
- How to Create List from Range in Excel
- Create a Unique List in Excel Based on Criteria