We often create various types of charts to make our final report more lucrative and appealing. A concentric circle chart is one of them that we often use in our last report to present our data table in a different way. Creating a concentric chart in Microsoft Excel might seem difficult to you. Today, in this article, I am sharing with you how to create a concentric circle chart in Excel. Stay tuned!
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
3 Easy Steps to Create Concentric Circle Chart in Excel
In the following, I have explained 3 quick and simple steps to create a concentric circle chart in Excel.
Step 1: Creation of Dataset with Proper information
Let’s begin with creating our dataset. Suppose we have a company’s “Process Name” in our hands. Now we will create a concentric chart using some simple tricks.
- Create another table where we will put the “Time Needed” for each process.
- Next, to complete our dataset we will put a header at the top of the dataset.
Step 2: Insertion of Oval Shapes for Concentric Circle Chart
As we have our dataset with proper information, let’s move on to create the concentric circle chart by inserting shapes.
- First, choose the “Oval” shape from the “Shapes” option.
- Second, draw a shape according to your choice inside the worksheet.
- Hence, selecting the newly created shape press CTRL+C to copy.
- Thereafter, click CTRL+V to paste and you will get to see another oval shape made just side by side with the previous one.
- Then, reshape the shapes inside the previous one.
- Similarly, we will create multiple circles according to our data table inside the workbook.
- How to Make Two Pie Charts with One Legend in Excel
- Add Labels with Lines in an Excel Pie Chart (with Easy Steps)
- How to Create a 3D Pie Chart in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- [Solved]: Excel Pie Chart Not Grouping Data (with Easy Fix)
- How to Make Multiple Pie Charts from One Table (3 Easy Ways)
Step 3: Coloring and Editing Chart
As we have finished creating and re-arranging our created circles in the previous step. In this last step, we will color and edit circles to complete our concentric circle chart in Excel.
- Simply, choose a circle and select your desired color from the “Home” ribbon.
- Similarly, color other circles and your chart will look like the following image.
- Next, we will insert “Text Box” from the “Insert” feature to name the processes.
- Just, draw your own box inside the worksheet.
- Then, put your desired process names from the data table.
- Thereafter, connect the text box and circle with a “LineArrow”.
- In the same fashion, create text boxes for other processes and connect them with multiple circles.
- Here we have successfully created our concentric circle chart in Excel. Simple isn’t it?
Things to Remember
- To create circle charts, you can also insert a “StackedVenn” chart from the “SmartArt Graphic” option.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the steps to create a concentric circle chart in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the ExcelDemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- How to Explode Pie Chart in Excel (2 Easy Methods)
- Make Pie Chart with Breakout in Excel (Step by Step)
- How to Make a Pie Chart in Excel with One Column of Data
- Edit Pie Chart in Excel (All Possible Modifications)
- Create A Doughnut, Bubble and Pie of Pie Chart in Excel
- How to Make a Pie Chart in Excel [Video Tutorial]