Excel’s scroll bar is an integral and essential navigational tool for quickly skimming through long passages of the worksheet window. When it comes to Excel, it’s now a crucial part. However, in recent times some users experiencing that the bottom scroll bar is missing from the excel worksheet window, How we manage to solve the issue of the Excel scroll bar missing in Excel will discuss here with an adequate explanation.
Bottom Scroll Bar Missing in Excel: 7 Possible Solutions
We are going to present 7 solutions in total on how we can solve the issue of the bottom scroll bar missing. All of them are with visual explanations and examples.
Solution 1: Modify Excel Options
The scroll bar could be missing in some cases due to disabling it in the advanced option. We just need to enable it following the same process.
- In the beginning, notice that the bottom scroll bar is now missing above the View buttons.
- Next click on File.
- Then from the starting panel, click on the Options.
- Then in the new Excel Options window, go to Advanced.
- Next, from the Advanced, got to Display options for this workbook.
- In the Advanced group, the Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar box might be unchecked.
- If so, then check both the Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar box.
- Click OK after this.
- After clicking OK, you will notice that the scroll bar now is back above the view buttons.
Read More: How to Create a Vertical Scroll Bar in Excel
Solution 2: Enable Tiled Option from Arrange All Command in View Tab
Although the scroll bar is activated in the Advanced options, the bottom scroll bar could still be hidden due to a lack of rearrangement of Tiles in the worksheets. From the View tab, we could easily change the arrangement of Tiled.
- First, from the View tab, go to the Windows group.
- Then click on the Arrange All command.
- Then there will be a new window as Arrange Windows.
- Then click on the Tiled option in the Arrange group.
- Click OK after this.
- As a result, you’ll see that a horizontal scroll bar has appeared.
Read More: How to Adjust Scroll Bar in Excel
Solution 3: Extend Bottom Scroll Bar
When the bottom scroll bar is minimized, the horizontal scroll bar may be invisible even when it is active. Because of this, the user has to manually maximize the scroll bar.
- First of all, you need to notice whether the scroll bar three-dot icon is showing or not.
- If the three-dot icon is there, then drag the three-dot icon to the left.
- Then you will see the horizontal or bottom scroll bar is available below.
Solution 4: Maximize Excel Window
Due to space limits, the sight of the bottom scroll bar may be limited. Users need to manually correctly resize their windows to fit the scroll bar.
- Notice that the bottom horizontal scroll bar is not showing properly.
- Now, for better visibility, click on the Maximize button in the Control Button.
- After clicking the Maximize command, you will see the horizontal scroll bar properly.
Solution 5: Restore Bottom Scroll Bar from Context Menu
In a number of instances, the restored application window can resolve the issue of the bottom scroll bar not displaying.
- To restore the application window, first, you need to right-click on the title name at the top of the Excel workbook.
- After the right-click, there will be a small context menu.
- From the context menu, click on the Maximize.
- After clicking on the Maximize, you will notice that the window now expanded. But still, the bottom scroll bar is too small to notice.
- Right after the Excel window expands, right-click on the mouse on it and click on the Restore from the context menu.
- After clicking in Restore now you will see that the bottom scroll bar is visible quite well.
Solution 6: Check on Scroll Bar Automatic Hiding Option
Microsofts own scroll bar options in the display settings can sometimes create problems for Excel. Tweaking the settings can solve the issue immediately.
- In the beginning, click on the Start icon in the taskbar.
- Then click on the Settings icon.
- After that, the settings window opens.
- From the settings window, click on the Search Bar and search for Ease of Access display settings.
- Right after that, there will be a new window that will open named Display options.
- On that window, turn the Automatically hide scroll bar in Windows off, if it’s been turned on earlier.
After that, you will notice that the scroll bar is now back on the bottom of the Excel worksheet.
Solution 7: Repair Microsoft Office
Quick Repair is considered to be the jack of trade type solution for any kind of issue related to Excel. This bottom scroll bar issue is no exception.
- First, go to the Start menu and then to the Settings.
- Then in the Settings window, click on the Apps options.
- Next, in the Apps and features window, search for the Office in the search bar.
- After that, click on the version of the MS Office installed on your pc and then click on Modify.
- After clicking on modify, there will be a new window named How would you like to repair your Office Programs.
- Then choose Quick Repair, and then click Repair.
- A new scroll bar is now visible below your worksheet, just above the view buttons.
Read More: [Solved!] Scroll Bar Not Working in Excel
To sum it up, the issue “bottom scroll bar missing in Excel” is answered here in 7 different ways. Starting from using the Enabling from the advanced option, then rearranging Tiles, maximizing, resizing, and restoring the application window. Finally showing the quick repair option of the Excel.
Feel free to ask any questions or feedback through the comment section.