Excel is the most widely used tool for dealing with huge datasets. We can perform myriads of tasks of multiple dimensions in Excel. With the help of Excel, we can represent our dataset in graphical forms. This helps us enrich the content of any presentation or report. Meanwhile, if we need to add two labels to a chart, we can do it in Excel. In this article, I will show how to add two data labels in Excel chart.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this dataset and practice while going through this article.
4 Quick Steps to Add Two Data Labels in Excel Chart
This is the dataset that I am going to use in today’s article. We have some products along with their supply and demand in units. We will demonstrate the supply and demand in a chart.
Step 1: Create a Chart to Represent Data
First of all, I am going to create a chart to represent my dataset. To do so,
- Select B4:D10. Then go to the Insert tab >> select the drop-down >> select any chart.
- Excel will create a chart.
Read More: What Are Data Labels in Excel (Uses & Modifications)
Step 2: Add 1st Data Label in Excel Chart
Now, I will add my 1st data label for supply units. To do so,
- Select any column representing the supply units. Then right-click your mouse and bring the menu. After that, select Add Data Labels.
- Excel will add data labels.
Read More: How to Change Data Labels in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Move Data Labels In Excel Chart (2 Easy Methods)
- Show Data Labels in Excel 3D Maps (2 Easy Ways)
- How to Remove Zero Data Labels in Excel Graph (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Use Conditional Formatting in Data Labels in Excel
Step 3: Apply 2nd Data Label in Excel Chart
In this section, I will show how to apply another data label to this chart. Let’s express the demand units this time.
- Select any column representing demand units. Then right-click your mouse to bring the menu. After that, select Add Data Labels.
- Excel will add data labels for 2nd time.
Step 4: Format Data Labels to Show Two Data Labels
Here, I will discuss a remarkable feature of Excel charts. You can easily show two parameters in the data label. For instance, you can show the number of units as well as categories in the data label.
To do so,
- Select the data labels. Then right-click your mouse to bring the menu.
- Format Data Labels side-bar will appear. You will see many options available there.
- Check Category Name. Your chart will look like this.
- Now you can see the category and value in data labels.
Read More: How to Format Data Labels in Excel (with Easy Steps)
Things to Remember
- You can insert a chart from the Recommended Charts.
In this article, I have explained how to add two data labels to in Excel chart. I hope it helps everyone. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or feedback, please feel free to comment below.