Sometimes there are too many cell texts in Excel for the cell to display everything. So, you have to show all the large texts in the cell. This article will show you how to show all text in an Excel cell.
How to Show All Text in an Excel Cell: 2 Handy Approaches
Here, you will learn how to show all text in an Excel cell by utilizing the Wrap Text command and the AutoFit Column Width command. We will also demonstrate to you the step-by-step procedures of how to display formulas in Excel cells. Let’s suppose we have a sample data set where there are too many contents for the cell to display entirely.
1. Utilizing Wrap Text Command to Show All Text
Text in a cell in Microsoft Excel can be wrapped to display on many lines. You have the option to manually enter a line break or format the cell such that the content automatically wraps.
- Here, select the cells you want to show all the texts in cells.
- Firstly, navigate the Home tab.
- Then, choose the Wrap Text command from the Alignment group.
- As a result, you will see the following results of all the expanded cells which show all the texts in their respective cells.
2. Using AutoFit Column Width Command to Show All Text
AutoFit Column Width adjusts the column’s width to fit the largest value. Here, you will follow the following steps to show all text in the Excel cell.
- Firstly, go to the Home tab after selecting the cells to show all text in the cell.
- Secondly, click on the Format option from the Cells group.
- Thirdly, choose the AutoFit Column Width from the Cell Size menu box.
- The column width of the cells will then be modified in order to display the texts of the cells.
Displaying Formulas in Excel Cell
You may rapidly check your calculations for problems by displaying formulas in Excel rather than their outcomes, which will allow you to keep track of the data used in each calculation.
You will soon see that Microsoft Excel offers an extremely easy and quick way to display formulas in cells.
Step 1. Creating Data Set
- Here is our data set containing the number of product units and their unit price with the total price value.
Step 2. Utilizing Formulas Tab
The formula tab is used to add functions, outline names, create names, review formulas, and other things. The Ribbon’s Formulas tab contains essential and extremely practical features for creating dynamic reports. It includes Calculation, Formula Auditing, Defined Names, and Function Library.
- Firstly, go to the Formulas tab.
- Secondly, select the Show Formulas option from the Formula Auditing group.
- Finally, the given image display all the formulas in the Excel cell.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it by yourself.
In this article, we’ve covered 2 handy methods to show all text in an Excel cell and how to display Excel formulas. We sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.
- What Is an Active Cell in Excel?
- What Is the Definition of Cell in Excel
- How to Delete a Cell in Excel
- How to Grey Out Unused Cells in Excel