Millions of people all over the world use WhatsApp, one of the most widely used instant messaging applications for our online discussions. It is therefore crucial to keep a backup of your contacts in case of an accident that causes you to lose communication with your WhatsApp contacts. This article will demonstrate to you how to copy WhatsApp group contacts to Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it yourself.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Copy WhatsApp Group Contacts to Excel
WhatsApp has undoubtedly changed a lot over the past several years to rank among the most widely used instant messaging (IM) apps available. You can use it to make various groups in addition to communicating with your pals. But occasionally, people want to download WhatsApp group contacts to their computers. You might require assistance because copying WhatsApp contacts to Excel can be a bit difficult. Here is a step-by-step tutorial that anyone can easily follow on how to copy WhatsApp group contacts to Microsoft Excel.
Step 1. Accessing WhatsApp Web on Your Computer
You must first access WhatsApp on your computer in order to copy contacts to Excel. Simply open WhatsApp on your device to do this.
- Firstly, launch the chrome browser.
- Then go to the web.whatsapp.com website.
Read More: How to Copy and Paste in Excel and Keep Cell Size (7 Examples)
Step 2. Scanning Your Smartphone
- Here, you will see the one-time generated QR code.
- Then, you will scan it on your smartphone to connect it to your WhatsApp account.
- Copy Conditional Formatting with Relative Cell References in Excel
- How to Copy Only Highlighted Cells in Excel (3 Quick Tricks)
- [Solved] Excel Copy Paste Loses Formatting
- How to Copy and Paste Conditional Formatting in Excel
- Run Time Error 1004: PasteSpecial Method of Range Class Failed
Step 3. Selecting WhatsApp Group
- After that, you get access to a WhatsApp account on your computer.
- Then, you will select your WhatsApp group.
- Besides, right-click on PYTHON Programming best WhatsApp group.
- Then, click on the Inspect option.
Read More: Exchange (Copy, Import, Export) Data Between Excel and Access
Step 4. Using Element Section For Copying
- Here, you will see the below window with back-end codes of your WhatsApp group contacts.
- Then, go to the Elements section.
- After that, choose the Copy option.
- Besides, click on the Copy element option.
Read More: Formula to Copy and Paste Values in Excel Automatically
- [Solved:] Copy Paste from Excel to Google Sheets Not Working
- [Fixed!] Copy and Paste Not Working Between Workbooks in Excel
- How to Copy and Paste a Column in Excel (5 Handy Ways)
- Use Paste Special to Multiply Numbers in Excel
- [Fixed!] Paste Link Not Working in Excel
Step 5. Utilizing Data Tab
For the huge amount of data, we use the Data tab. By establishing a connection with the server, we can import data automatically from the web, MS Access, and other sources. Additionally, Excel’s sort and filter functions are incredibly useful; they make it simple to read large amounts of data. In this section, we will demonstrate to you how to separate each contact by using the Data tab.
- Now, paste the back end codes in your Excel sheet.
- Then, select the entire code from the Excel sheet.
- After that, go to the Data tab.
- Besides, click on the Text to Columns command.
- Here, you will see the below window and select the Delimited from here.
- Then, click Next.
- Here, you will go to the Other option and put a comma (,) here to separate each number.
- After that, click Next.
- Here, select the entire row.
- Then, click the Copy option.
Read More: All Paste Options in Excel with Time Saving Shortcuts
Step 6. Using Paste Special Command
By letting you select which formatting (source or destination) to preserve or by removing all formatting and only pasting the data or formulas, Excel Paste Special facilitates the pasting process.
- Here, right-click anywhere in the Excel sheet.
- Then, go to the Paste Special command.
- After that, select the Transpose option and click it.
- Finally, you will get all the WhatsApp group contacts here in the below image.
- Here, we will show 17 contacts.
- Lastly, you will see here that we have all the contacts up to 1026 rows.
Read More: Difference Between Paste and Paste Special in Excel
In this article, we’ve covered Step-by-Step Procedures to Copy WhatsApp Group Contacts to Excel. We sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, Exceldemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.
- [Fixed!] Paste Special Not Working in Excel (4 Possible Solutions)
- How to Copy Horizontal and Paste Vertical in Excel
- Copy and Paste Pivot Table Values with Formatting in Excel
- How to Copy and Paste in Excel Without Hidden Rows
- Make a Copy of an Excel File (3 Useful Methods)
- Automate Copy and Paste from Website to Excel
- How to Copy Cell If Condition Is Met in Excel (7 Easy Ways)