Sometimes, there isn’t enough space to show all the options in the ribbon. Then, you have to click on the Dialog Box Launcher to find all options and tools. But after using that option, you must close the box. In this tutorial, I will show you 3 easy ways to close a Dialog Box in Excel.
How to Close Dialog Box in Excel: 3 Handy Ways
Dialog Box shows you multiple options for a particular layout and helps you make your decision. You can easily close a Dialog Box in Excel. For the purpose of demonstration, I have chosen three different ways to close a Dialog Box in Excel. Hence, follow the steps below in order to complete the operation easily.
1. Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Close Dialog Box
Generally, the easiest way to close a Dialog Box is to use the keyboard shortcut. For example, you have opened a Font Dialog Box. Now, you can close it quite easily by pressing the ESC button on the keyboard. Moreover, this shortcut is applicable for both Windows and Mac.
- Firstly, open the Font Dialog Box as shown in the picture below.
- Press the Esc button to close the box.
Read More: How to Create a Dialog Box in Excel
2. Applying Cancel or OK Button
Fortunately, you can close a Dialog Box with just one click. All Dialog Boxes in Excel contain a Cancel and OK button.
- You can click on the Cancel or OK button from the Dialog Box to close it easily and save time.
Read More: How to Display Excel Options Dialog Box
3. Using Close Button to Close Dialog Box
You can use the close button to close a Dialog Box. The process is almost similar to the other methods. Moreover, it is quite simple and handy to operate.
- Indeed, all Dialog Boxes in Excel contain a Close button at the top right corner.
- However, you have to click on the Close button to close the box similarly.
These are all the steps you can follow to close the dialog box in Excel. Hopefully, you can now easily make the needed adjustments. I sincerely hope you learned something and enjoyed this guide. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries or recommendations.