Sometimes, there isn’t enough space to show all the options in the Ribbon. Then, you have to click on the Dialog Box Launcher to find all options and tools. In this tutorial, I will show you some easy examples of the Dialog Box Launcher of Excel.
Dialog Box Launcher
A Dialog Box Launcher shows you multiple options for a particular layout and helps you make your decision. Some groups may have more commands than they are showing in the Ribbon. For this reason, the Dialog Box Launcher is important. Moreover, it will show you additional information and input options.
4 Types of Dialog Box Launcher and Their Key Features
You can easily open any Dialog Box Launcher in Excel. For the purpose of demonstration, we have chosen 4 different tabs to show you how to open a Dialog Box Launcher. It includes Page Setup Dialog Box, Dialog Box for Clipboard, Font Dialog Box, and Dialog Box Launcher for Data Outline.
1. Dialog Box for Page Setup
For example, the Page Setup group of commands in the Page Layout ribbon has more commands than it shows in the group. How did we know that? Go through the following steps.
- Firstly, go to the Page Layout tab.
- Then, click on the small arrow in the lower-right corner of the Page Setup group of commands.
- After that, Page Setup dialog box appears like the image below, with more commands.
Generally, a dialog box has several tabs. In the image below, you see Page Setup dialog box has four tabs:
2. Dialog Box Launcher for Clipboard
From the Clipboard Dialog Box Launcher, you can easily copy and paste any data. You have to follow the steps below to open the Dialog Box.
- Firstly, enter into the Home tab.
- Then, click on the small arrow from the group.
- Finally, you will get the Clipboard Dialog Box.
3. Font Dialog Box Launcher
You will also get the Font group of commands from the Home tab. It includes some other options which you will get from the Font Dialog Box Launcher.
- Firstly, from the Home tab, click the arrow in the Font group of commands.
- Finally, the Font Dialog Box Launcher will open afterward.
The Font Dialog Box contains several options. They are
- Font Style.
4. Dialog Box Launcher for Data Outline
Similarly, you can open the Dialog Box Launcher for Data Outline. Follow the steps below to open it easily.
- Firstly, open the Data tab.
- Then, click on the Outline command, and it will expand.
- After that, click on the arrow button, like in the image below.
- Finally, the Data Outline Dialog Box will appear as in the image below.
These are all the steps you can follow in Excel to launch a dialog box in Excel. Hopefully, you can now easily create the needed adjustments. I sincerely hope you learned something and enjoyed this guide. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries or recommendations.
For more information like this, visit Exceldemy.com.