Microsoft Excel is a powerful software. We can perform numerous operations on our datasets using Excel tools and features. Sometimes, we have to use the Accounting Formats in our excel worksheets whenever dealing with Sales numbers or something like that. Again, Double Underline for the Accounting values is preferred in many business sectors or companies. So, it’s essential to know how to perform that task. There are multiple ways to do that. In this article, we’ll show you all the 3 easy and quick methods to Apply Double Accounting Underline Format in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
3 Easy Ways to Apply Double Accounting Underline Format in Excel
Double Accounting Underline Format makes the Excel worksheet more presentable if it contains accounting numbers. Therefore, one should learn how to carry out the operation. It’s especially vital for those who work as accountants. To illustrate, we’ll use a sample dataset as an example. For instance, the following dataset represents the Salesman, Product, and Net Sales. The net sales are in accounting number formats. Here, we’ll show you the possible ways to double underline the Net Sales amounts.
1. Use Excel Font Section to Input Double Accounting Underline Format
Excel provides many different options by default to make the necessary modifications to our dataset. It has numerous features and functions for performing various operations. In our first step, we’ll use the Font section under the Home tab to input Double Accounting Underline Format. Therefore, go through the steps below carefully to perform the task.
- First, select the range D5:D10.
- Then, go to the Home tab.
- After that, select the Underline drop-down icon.
- Subsequently, choose the Double Underline option from the drop-down.
- Thus, it’ll return the sales numbers with double underlines.
- Look at the following figure to understand better.
Read More: How to Apply Single Accounting Underline Format in Excel
2. Insert Double Accounting Underline with Format Cells Dialog Box in Excel
Moreover, we can use the Format Cells dialog box to insert Double Accounting Underline. There are multiple ways to get his dialog box. We’ll show them all here. The Format Cells dialog box gives us a wide range of options to edit and format the cells and the cell values. So, follow the below process to double underline the accounting numbers using this Format Cells option.
- Firstly, choose the range D5:D10.
- Now, right-click the mouse.
- As a result, you’ll get the Context Menu.
- Next, click the Format Cells option.
- Consequently, the Format Cells dialog box will pop out.
- However, you can also press the Ctrl and 1 keys simultaneously to get the Format Cells dialog box.
- Then, click the Font tab.
- Afterward, from the Underline drop-down, choose Double Accounting.
- Lastly, press OK.
- Hence, you’ll see the double underlines in the Net Sales.
Read More: How to Simultaneously Apply Accounting Number Format in Excel
3. Apply Keyboard Shortcut to Get Double Accounting Underline Format
However, there’s a keyboard shortcut that you can apply if you don’t want to go through all those clicking different options. Therefore, learn the following steps to get Double Accounting Underline Format with a keyboard shortcut.
- First of all, select the Net Sales range.
- In this example, select D5:D10.
- Secondly, press the Alt, H, 1, and D keys one after another.
- Thus, you’ll get double underlines in the sales amounts.
Read More: [Fixed] Accounting Format in Excel Not Working (2 Quick Solutions)
Henceforth, you will be able to apply Double Accounting Underline Format in Excel following the above-described methods. Keep using them and let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.