It is not impossible that we might be in need of restoring the previous version of our worksheet after saving and closing it. For that, We have to undo changes in Excel after Save and Close.
In order to clarify the topic, I used a Dataset along with Employee Name, Department, and Salary titled data.
Download Practice Workbook
2 Easy Methods to Undo Changes in Excel after Save and Close
1. Using Version History to Undo Changes after Save and Close
To err is human. It is not an unforgivable mistake to edit an Excel file, Save and Close it, then regret on it thinking about the previous versions. It is quite amazing that we can undo changes even after Save and Close. We can use the Info feature in the File tab to do so. Excel allows you to do mistake but the condition is to have the AutoSave option turned on.
- First, Go to File.
- Next, select Info.
- Choose Version History from there.
- Now, Choose your required modified version.
- Click on the Restore button.
- Finally, the file will be restored even after Save and Close.
Read More: How to Undo a Save in Excel (4 Quick Methods)
2. Use of Manage Workbook to Undo Changes after Save and Close
Manage Workbook in Info Feature is also another option to undo changes after Save and Close.
- Go to File.
- Then, choose Info.
- Next, click on the version of a file you want to restore beside the Manage Workbook.
- Click on Restore.
Then, the file will be like the undo changes even after Save and Close.
Read More: How to Save a Worksheet as a New File Using Excel VBA
For expertise, you can practice here.
I have explained how to undo changes in Excel after Save and Close as simply as possible. I hope it will be helpful for Excel users. For any more questions, comment below.
- [Fixed!] Undo and Redo in Excel Not Working (3 Simple Solutions)
- How to Save Multiple Excel Sheets as One PDF (2 Easy Methods)
- [Fixed:] Unsaved Excel File Not in Recovery
- How to Redo in an Excel Sheet (2 Quick Ways)
- Excel Macro: Save as PDF with Date in Filename (4 Suitable Examples)
- How to Undo Delete Sheet in Excel (3 Methods)
- Backup Excel Files to a Flash Drive (4 Useful Methods)
Thank you, This information was helpful.
You’re welcome, ZAFER!