It is not impossible that we might be in need of restoring the previous version of our worksheet after saving and closing it. For that, We have to undo changes in Excel after Save and Close.
In order to clarify the topic, I used a Dataset along with Employee Name, Department, and Salary data.
How to Undo Changes in Excel after Save and Close: 2 Easy Methods
1. Using Version History to Undo Changes after Save and Close
To err is human. It is not an unforgivable mistake to edit an Excel file, Save and Close it, and then regret it thinking about the previous versions. It is quite amazing that we can undo changes after saving and closing. We can use the Info feature in the File tab to do so. Excel allows you to make mistakes but the condition is to have the AutoSave option turned on.
- First, go to File.
- Next, select Info.
- Choose Version History from there.
- Now, Choose your required modified version.
- Click on the Restore button.
- Finally, the file will be restored even after saving and closing.
2. Use of Manage Workbook to Undo Changes after Save and Close
Manage Workbook in Info Feature is also another option to undo changes after Save and Close.
- Go to File.
- Then, choose Info.
- Next, click on the version of a file you want to restore beside the Manage Workbook.
- Click on Restore.
Then, the file will be like the undo changes even after saving and closing.
For expertise, you can practice here.
Download Practice Workbook
I have explained how to undo changes in Excel after Save and Close as simply as possible. I hope it will be helpful for Excel users. For any more questions, comment below.
- How to Recover Corrupted Excel File
- How to Recover Corrupted Excel Files from USB
- How to Recover Excel File after Crash
- How to Recover Permanently Deleted Excel Files Online
- How to Find Backup Files in Excel
- How to Auto Backup Excel File
- How to Backup Excel Files to a Flash Drive
- [Fixed:] Unsaved Excel File Not in Recovery
- How to Recover Overwritten Excel File with No Previous Version