Tally sales invoice is an evidence of selling any product. In this article, I am sharing with you a free template that you can use Tally Sales Invoice format in Excel for your company. You can download it free and print it for use. Also, I am showing all the steps to make it. So, you can modify it easily for your own company.
Download Sample Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here:
Basic Elements of a Tally Sales Invoice Format
Different companies sell different products, so the tally sales invoice will also differ. They require different types of elements in the tally sales invoice. But there are some common elements that should be in all tally sales invoices. The tally sales invoice will reflect the necessary details of the product and business. The elements of a tally sales invoice that are common are shown here:
- Company Logo and Name
- Contact details
- Date, Invoice Number, and due date (If required)
- Customer name & contact details
- Shipping location and contact details
- Details of the Salesperson
- Description of products, quantity, price, etc
- List of taxes
- Subtotal and the total amount
- Notes of terms and conditions
- Authorized signature
Steps to Make Tally Sales Invoice Format in Excel
Here I will explain the full procedure of making Tally sales invoice in Excel format step by step:
Step 1: Add Sales Invoice Header Including Company Details
This section will give an introduction to your company. It’s like an advertisement. If the customer wants to come back to you to purchase again, he will follow this information. So, here you will include Company Logo, Company Name, Detailed Address, Email, Phone Number, GSTIN Number, etc.
Step 2: Add Sales Information to Invoice Header
In this portion, you will add information about the sales invoice. Each company must follow a series of invoices. So, here you will input the Date, Invoice ID, and Due Date. The due date is the last date of payment here.
Step 3: Add Customer Information to Sales Invoice
Here, you will add details information about the customer. You have to make two sections here. First, one will contain the information about the Billing Customer. And the second one will contain the details about the customer who will receive the product. Sometimes both are the same person and sometimes not. The detailed contact information will contain the Name, Company Name, Address, Phone Number, etc.
- Tally Votes in Excel (4 Suitable Methods)
- How to Tally a Column in Excel (with Quick Steps)
- Export Tally Data in Excel (with Quick Steps)
- Make Tally Marks in Excel (4 Easy Methods)
- How to Make a Tally Sheet in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
Step 4: Add Salesman Information
You have to add information about the salesman in the invoice. Because he is responsible for the sale and he will earn the reward also he will have to bear the complaint if any creates. Here, you should add the Name, Ship Date, and Terms which will contain any instructions from the customer.
Step 5: Add Description of Sold Products
This is the main part of an invoice which contains the description of the product, quantity, price, and the total price for each product.
- To calculate the Total Price of each product, insert this formula into the cell to multiply the Unit Price by the quantity of the product.
- Now, use the Fill Handle icon to drag the formula or use Shortcuts Ctrl+C and Ctrl+P to copy and paste the formula to the other cells.
- Also, make the column cells in Currency format.
Step 6: Add Subtotal and Total Including Tax and Shipping Charges of Sales Invoice
Now, you will add the Subtotal, Tax Rate, Shipping Charge, and finally the Total Bill of the invoice.
- Use the SUM function to calculate the sum of the Unit Total values of the sold products. Insert this formula into the Subtotal cell:
- Then, insert the value of the Tax Rate. And calculate the Sales Tax for this invoice. Insert this formula into the cell to calculate the Sales Tax.
- Finally, calculate the Total Bill of the invoice which will be the total sum of the Subtotal, Sales Tax, and the Shipping Charge. Insert this formula to calculate the Total Bill:
Step 7: Add Some Additional Features of the Sale
After that, you can some additional features as of your need.
- Notes: You will list the terms and conditions of your company regarding the sold products.
- Add a place to take the signature of any authorized person.
- Add some greeting lines and contact information again for the customers.
- Now, you have made a tally sales invoice in Excel format. You can use it as many times as you want. For this, just save it as a new file after editing each time. I have made this formatted on the A4 page so you can easily print it and use it.
In this article, I have shown you how to make a Tally sales invoice in Excel format. You can download the template for free and modify it to use for your company. I hope you found this article helpful. You can visit our website ExcelDemy to learn more Excel-related content. Please, drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.
- Create Tally Debit Note Format in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- How to Make a Tally Chart in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
- Create a Tally Button in Excel (2 Suitable Examples)
- How to Tally Words in Excel (4 Useful Methods)
- Create Tally Salary Slip Format in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- Export All Ledgers from Tally in Excel
- How to Tally a Balance Sheet in Excel