A GST Proforma invoice is the most trustworthy document about any product’s information. In this article, I am sharing with you a free template that you can use as Proforma Invoice format in Excel with GST for your company. Moreover, you can download it for free and print it for use. Also, I will demonstrate all the steps to make it. So, you can easily modify it for your own company.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here:
What Is Proforma Invoice?
A Proforma Invoice is a preliminary document about the payable amount of the customer. In the Proforma invoice all the details of products costing should be present. This is not a final invoice. Basically, when the buyer confirms, the seller sends this invoice to acknowledge the transaction.
Steps to Create Proforma Invoice Format in Excel with GST
Here, I will explain how to create a Proforma invoice format with GST in Excel. The detailed explanation of steps are given below.
Step 1: Include Company Logo and Details in Proforma Invoice Format with GST
First, you have to introduce your company in the invoice. So you should insert the company logo and details in the Proforma invoice.
- Firstly, to insert the company logo, you have to merge the cells of range B4:B8.
- Secondly, go to the Home tab to merge cells.
- Now, from the Merge & Center feature >> select the Merge & Center option.
After that, you may format the merged cells or you can keep that normal. Because, you have to insert the Company LOGO there. Which is a picture.
- Now, firstly, write down “Company Name” in the C4 cell.
- Secondly, from the Home tab >> Bold it >> then increase the Font Size.
- Thirdly, you may change the Fill Color >> then make the Alignment to Middle and Center.
- Now, write the following information in the C5:C8 cells. Those are Street Address: , City, ST ZIP Code: , Phone & Email: , and GST No: .
Read More: Create GST Invoice Format in Excel (Step-by-Step Guideline)
Step 2: Add Invoice Information for Proforma Invoice
In this step, I will add invoice information like Data: , Invoice No: , and Due Date: in the Proforma invoice with GST in Excel .
- Firstly, write down “Proforma INVOICE” in the F4 cell. Here, you can change the Fill color according to your preference.
- Secondly, write down the corresponding information in the F5:F7 cells.
- After that, select the data range B4:G8.
- Now, from the Borders command >> select the Thick Outside Borders option.
Finally, you will see the following output.
Read More: How to Make GST Export Invoice Format in Excel
Step 3: Attach Seller Information in Proforma Invoice
In this section, I will attach the seller information in the Proforma Invoice.
- So,write down Seller Information in the B9 cell. Here, you can change the Fill color according to your preference.
- Now, you should write down the titles in the B10:B16 cells for information. Like Name, Company Name, Street Address, City, ST ZIP Code, Email Address, Phone, and GSTIN.
Step 4: Add Buyer Information for Proforma Invoice
Here, I will include the buyer information for Proforma Invoice with GST in Excel.
- Now, write down Buyer Information in the E9 cell. Here, you can change the Fill color according to your preference.
- Then, you should similarly write down the titles in the E10:E16 cells for information. Like Client Name, Company Name, Street Address, City, ST ZIP Code, Email Address, Phone, and GSTIN.
- After that, select cells B9:G9.
- Then, from the Home tab >> select the Borders command.
- Then, choose Outside Borders.
- At this time, make Thick Outside Borders to the data range B9:G16.
Lastly, you will see the following situation.
Step 5: Insert Product Details in Proforma Invoice with GST
Now, I will insert the Product details in the Proforma invoice with GST in Excel.
- Firstly, make the titles from B17 cell to G17 cell respectively ID, Description, Quantity, Weight (Kg), Unit Price ($), and Unit Total. Here, you can change the Fill colors according to your preference.
- Secondly, create the All Borders and also the Thick Outside Borders.
- Now, write down the following formula in the G18 cell.
Here, I have multiplied the Unit Price to Quantity.
- Then, press ENTER.
- Now, from the Home tab >> go to the Number feature >> then select Accounting. This is only for the monetary symbol.
- Similarly, do the same thing for the rest of the cells G19:G23.
- After that, write down 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for numbering the ID.
Read More: Creating GST Purchase Order Format in Excel (Free Template)
Step 6: Include GST Rate for Proforma Invoice
Here, I will include the GST rate for the Invoice in Excel.
- Firstly, write down the following terms in the cells F24:F29. The terms are Subtotal, GST Rate, GST Amount, Shipping Charge, Total Weight (Kg), and Total Bill.
- Secondly, do your preferred formatting.
Read More: How to Create GST Rental Invoice Format in Excel
Step 7: Find Out Total Bill in Proforma Invoice Format with GST
In this section, I will find out the total bill and other calculation for the invoice.
- Firstly, write down the corresponding formula in the G24 cell.
In this formula, I have summed up all the Unit Total prices.
- Then, write down the corresponding formula in the G26 cell.
Here, I have multiplied the GST Rate to the Subtotal amount.
- After that, write down the corresponding formula in the G28 cell.
In this formula, I have summed up all the Weights.
- Finally, write down the following formula in the G29 cell.
In this formula, I have summed up all the Prices with GST amount and Shipping charge.
Read More: How to Create GST Bill Format in Excel with Formula
Step 8: Attach Terms and Conditions for Proforma Invoice
Now, I will attach the terms and conditions for the sales in the Proforma invoice.
- Here, make a title like Note.
- Then, type your preferred terms and conditions according to your own company policy.
Step 9: Add Some Other Information in Proforma Invoice with GST
In this section, I will add some other information in the Proforma invoice with GST in Excel.
- Firstly, from the Insert tab >> go to the Shapes feature >> then from the Lines option >> choose Line.
- Now, drag your Mouse Pointer to the specified place. Which should be at the end of the Invoice.
- Now, select the Shape.
- Then, from Shape Format >> go to the Shape Outline feature.
- After that, change the Theme Colors to Black and from Weight option >> choose your preferred option.
- Then, type Authorized Signature just below the Shape.
- Subsequently, write Amount in Words in the B25 cell .
Finally, your Proforma Invoice with GST is ready.
Read More: How to Remove GST from Total Amount in Excel (With Easy Steps)
Example to Use Template of Proforma Invoice with GST
In this section, I will show you how to use that invoice.
- Firstly, select the cells B4:B8 to add the company LOGO.
- Secondly, from the Insert tab >> go to the Pictures feature.
- Finally, choose your company logo from This Device option.
Here, I have added the LOGO.
Now, add other information. Just for an example I have added some Product information. As you can see the calculation will be auto updated. But you have to manually write down Amount in Words, GST Rate and Shipping Charge.
I hope you found this article helpful. Here, I have explained 9 easy steps about how to make Proforma Invoice Format in Excel with GST. You can visit our website Exceldemy to learn more Excel-related content. Please, drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.