A cash payment voucher is a document containing the cash flow disbursement and the cause of the transaction. When you handle a small amount of cash, you need to make a petty cash payment voucher. Microsoft Excel provides us with enormous features to make petty cash payment vouchers. Following some straightforward steps, you can make a petty cash payment voucher format in Excel. In this article, we will show you the simple steps to make it. So, let’s get started.
What Is a Petty Cash Payment Voucher?
Petty means little. Whenever you deal with a small amount of cash payment voucher, it is called a petty cash payment voucher. It is a very boring and ineffective way to make a payment for a small amount with a cheque. So, this little amount of money is always dealt with in cash. For this reason, we have to make a petty cash payment voucher. It is the cash disbursement form with the payment and the cause of the payment.
How to Make Petty Cash Payment Voucher Format in Excel: 5 Easy Steps
To create a petty cash payment voucher, simply follow the steps outlined below. It will provide a clearer concept of the petty cash payment voucher. Here, we attach the basic outlook of a voucher.
Not to mention, we have used the Microsoft 365 version. You can use any other version at your convenience.
Step 1: Create Headers with Company Name
- Firstly, from cell B2 to F2 apply the Merge & Center command and then create a header for the payment voucher.
- After that, from cell B2 to F2 write down your Company Name and merged the cells with Merge & Center.
Step 2: Enter Date and Voucher Number
- For making a payment voucher you need to enter the date and voucher number. In our case, we have used the TODAY function to apply the current date.
- Initially, go to cell C6 and enter the function.
It will dynamically change the date according to the present date.
- Then, put the voucher number in cell F6.
Eventually, you will make your voucher format just like the image below.
Step 3: Input Necessary Data to Set up Voucher Format
- In this step, insert your necessary data for creating the voucher format. You need to enter the cause of disbursement as a Description and create a Serial Number.
- Then, input the cash flow of your transactions.
Finally, your voucher format will look like the image below.
Read More: How to Create Payment Advice Format in Excel
Step 4: Calculate the Total Amount
- Now, we will calculate the “Total” for our transaction. We use the SUM function for doing this.
- Firstly, go to cell F15 and insert the formula
Here, F9:F14 cells represent the “Amount” of cash. And the SUM function adds the value of F9:F14.
- Then, press ENTER, and you will get the result.
Step 5: Evaluate Authorized Signature
- Lastly, you need to enter the signature of the cashier who approved the vouch and the receiver’s signature for the proof of your payment slip. See the image below to get a basic idea.
We have provided a practice section on each sheet on the right side for your practice. Please do it by yourself.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following practice workbook. It will help you to realize the topic more clearly.
That’s all about today’s session. And these are some easy steps to make a petty cash payment voucher format in Excel. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or suggestions. For a better understanding please download the practice sheet. Thanks for your patience in reading this article.