While working with Excel you may need to prepare a cash payment voucher. Now, making a cash payment voucher from scratch can be very time-consuming. Instead, having a template can come in handy and save a lot of time. With this in mind, this article demonstrates a step-by-step guide on how to make a cash payment voucher format in Excel.
What Is a Cash Payment Voucher?
First of all, let us dwell a little upon what is cash payment voucher.
Cash payment vouchers document the transactions paid with cash. In addition, it also records purchases using checks, credits, etc. Generally speaking, cash payment vouchers contain the following information:
- First, the name and address of the sender and recipient.
- Second, the receipt number and purchase description.
- Third, the amount of cash and signature of authorized personnel.
How to Make a Cash Payment Voucher Format in Excel: 4 Easy Steps
The screenshot below is an overview of the cash payment voucher format in Excel. In the following sections, we’ll see each of the 4 steps in detail and with appropriate illustration, therefore, without further delay, let’s dive in!
Here, we have used Microsoft Excel 365 version, you may use any other version according to your convenience.
📌 Step 1: Add Company Details
At the very beginning, add company details at the top of the payment voucher. Therefore, just follow these steps.
- In the first place, type in the company name M3 Inc in the B4 cell.
- Next, include the company Address and the Contact number in the B5 and the B6 cells respectively.
📌 Step 2: Enter Recipient Details, Reference Number, and Date
In the second step, include Recipient details, Reference Number and incorporate today’s Date using Excel’s TODAY function which returns the current date in the date format.
- Second, add the recipient’s Address in the C8 cell.
- Now, type in the Reference Number in the F8 cell.
- In turn, insert today’s Date in the F9 cell.
📌 Step 3: Insert Payment Method, Description, and Amount
- Third, fill in the transaction details like the Receipt Number, Pay Method, Description, and sales Amount in USD as shown in the screenshot below.
📌 Step 4: Calculate the Total Amount and Incorporate Signatures
In the fourth step, we’ll utilize the COUNTA and SUM functions to obtain the Total Receipts and the Total Amount in USD. Here, the COUNTA function returns the number of payments by counting the non-blank cells within the D11:D16 range. In contrast, the SUM function adds up all the payments in the F11:F16 range and outputs the Total Amount.
- Fourth, navigate to the C18 cell >> enter the expression given below.
Here, the D11:D16 range of cells represents the entries in the Payment Method column.
- Following this, move to the F18 cell and insert the following equation in the Formula Bar.
In this case, the F11:F16 cells refer to all the sales Amounts in USD.
- Lastly, add the signatures of the authorized personnel and your results should look like the image shown below.
We have provided a Practice section on the right side of each sheet so you can practice yourself. Please make sure to do it by yourself.
Download Practice Workbook
Henceforth, we hope this article helps you understand how to make a cash payment voucher format in Excel. Now, if you have any queries, please leave a comment below.