Microsoft Excel is used to store data in a tabular format and to perform calculations on that data. We might need to input data with 16 digit number. Often it converts in scientific form. In this article, I am going to show 3 simple ways on the topic of how to enter 16 digit number in Excel. I hope it will be helpful for you.
For more clarification, I am going to use a dataset of Argentine Football Players’ salaries in club football. I have organized data in the Name, Team, Salary, and Account Number columns.
Download Practice Workbook
3 Simple Ways to Enter 16 Digit Number in Excel
1. Converting Number to Text to Enter 16 Digit Number
In order to enter 16 digit number in Excel, changing the input format to Text is a very simple way. You just need to follow the following procedure to do so.
- First of all, select the cells where you want to enter the 16 digit number. I have selected cells C5:C9 for this purpose.
- Next, go to the Home tab.
- After that, click on the Number Format extension button from the ribbon.
- From the available options, select the Text option.
- Now, write your 16-digit numbers on those cells.
It will be in the exact format in those cells.
2. Adding an Apostrophe Before Number
The simplest way to enter a 16 digit number in Excel is to add an Apostrophe sign (‘) in front of the number. I have explained it in the following section.
- Insert the Apostrophe sign first.
- Then, input the number.
- After that, press ENTER to have the output.
- Use a similar process to enter all the 16 digit numbers.
Read More: How to Add Currency Symbol in Excel (6 Ways)
- How to Remove Leading Zeros in Excel (7 Easy Ways + VBA)
- How to Apply Accounting Number Format in Excel (4 Useful Methods)
- Keep 0 Before a Phone Number in Excel (6 Methods)
- How to Use Number Format Code in Excel (13 Ways)
- How to Format Number with VBA in Excel (3 Methods)
3. Applying Text to Columns to Enter 16 Digit Number
Text to Columns is another feature that we can use to enter 16 digit number. In this process, the selected cells in a column will turn into text format and 16 digit number will easily access to those cells.
- Select the cells in a column where 16 digit numbers are already input.
- Go to the Data tab after that.
- Pick Text to Columns from the ribbon.
The Convert Text to Columns Wizard will appear.
- Select Delimited – Characters such as commas or tabs separate each field.
- Click on the Next button.
- Along with that, check the Tab box from Delimiters.
- Press Next.
- Finally, select the Text option from Column data format and hit the Finish button to end the process.
We can see the 16 digit number on the selected cells.
Note: These methods are not only applicable for 16 digit number but also you can enter 20 digit number using these.
Read More: Excel Number Stored As Text [4 Fixes]
For more expertise, you can practice here.
That’s all for today. I have tried to show 3 simple ways on the topic of how to enter 16 digit number in Excel. It will be a matter of great pleasure for me if this article could help any Excel user even a little. For any further queries, comment below. You can visit our site for more articles about using Excel.
- How to Round Numbers in Excel Without Formula (3 Quick Ways)
- How to Custom Number Format in Excel with Multiple Conditions
- Add or Keep Leading Zeros in Excel (10 Suitable Ways)
- How to Round to Nearest 1000 in Excel (7 Easy Methods)
- How to Convert Number to Percentage in Excel (3 Quick Ways)
- Excel Round to 2 Decimal Places (with Calculator)