For companies looking to identify the most crucial issues on their consumers’ minds, word clouds are a simple-to-use and incredibly useful tool. A word cloud is also called a tag cloud. Within a short period of time, you may assess consumer surveys, examine thousands of tweets regarding your company, and much more. In this article, I am going to discuss how to create a word cloud using Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from the following download button.
What Is Word Cloud?
Word clouds are groups of words that are shown visually in Excel. We expect you’ve seen some of Excel’s most impressive dashboards that combine data with original graphics. Graphs and charts can have fantastic content on them as well as elegant fonts and lovely colors. You’ve probably seen one of the odd dashboards that says, “Word Cloud.”
2 Ways to Create a Word Cloud in Excel
Sometimes, for an occasion or any kind of arrangement, we want to show a word cloud of a topic on a poster or piece of paper to make the party more versatile. If we have word data in Excel, we can easily do so by following the below steps. A sample of the terms on Marine Life is given below:
Note: We have avoided any kind of border around the words.
1. Creating Word Cloud with Excel
In this method, we will create a word cloud solely in Excel without any help from external websites. It will be handy when you have words in Excel so follow the steps to complete the task.
- First of all, we have inserted a shape. To accomplish this, go to Insert >> Shapes >> Rectangle: Rounded Corners.
- After selecting Rectangle: Rounded Corners we will see a rounded rectangle like the image below. Next, we will pick the color of the rectangle.
- Most importantly we will copy our word in C4 and paste as Linked Picture in cell D4 as in the image below.
- Now we are going to drag the pasted cell in D4 into the rectangle.
- Now we will do the same steps for the remaining words and rearrange them as we wish.
- Now if anyone of you likes to change the word size in the word cloud you have to go to column C and select your preferred word size and color. The words in the word color will automatically change their shapes and size accordingly.
- Here we have changed a word named Ecosystem and the word cloud has updated automatically like the image below.
- Finally, we have made a word cloud like the image below.
2. Creating Word Cloud from Excel Data
Nowadays many websites have been established to generate word clouds. We can also create word clouds easily by inserting data in that website.
You can use any kind of website you like. For demonstration, we will use the following website: https://monkeylearn.com/word-cloud/
- The websites have generated a word cloud like the below image. We can also alter the shapes of our word cloud from Quicksand to any other preferential forms.
Read More: How to Add Signature in Excel (3 Quick Ways)
Follow these steps and stages to understand the topic of how to create a word cloud in Excel. You are welcome to download the workbook and use it for your own practice. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section of our blog ExcelDemy.
- How to Calculate Root Mean Square Error in Excel
- Make a Modified Box Plot in Excel (Create and Analyze)
- How to Do Descriptive Statistics in Excel (2 Suitable Methods)
- Make Trial Balance in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Get Summary Statistics in Excel (7 Easy Methods)
- Make Fishbone Diagram in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Make a Dot Plot in Excel (3 Easy Ways)