Sometimes, we may see that the Formula Bar is missing in our Excel worksheet. The formula bar is very important for us to view the cell contents, formula, or to create a formula in a cell. In this article, we’ll show you the effective solutions to the Formula Bar Is Not Showing in Excel problem.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
Introduction to Formula Bar in Excel
The Formula Bar is present under the Excel Ribbons and just above the Column Headers. The formula bar shows the cell contents or long formulas which we may have a problem viewing in that specific cell. We can activate the Formula Bar by clicking on it or inserting the ‘=’ symbol in any cell.
In the following image, the red-colored box is the Formula Bar.
4 Solutions to Formula Bar Is Not Showing in Excel
1. Use View Tab When Formula Bar Is Not Showing in Excel
In our first method, we’ll try to solve the missing Formula Bar issue with the View tab. In the below picture, we can see that the formula bar is absent. Therefore, follow the steps below to perform the task.
- First, under the View tab, check the box for Formula Bar in the Show group.
- As a result, you’ll see the Formula Bar just above the Column Headers.
2. Excel File Options for Showing Formula Bar
Sometimes, we have to check the File Options in our workbook for the missing formula bar. So, learn the below steps for solving the problem.
- Firstly, go to File ➤ Options.
- Consequently, the Excel Options dialog box will pop out.
- Then, select the Advanced tab.
- After that, check the Show formula bar box and press OK.
- Finally, it’ll return the Formula Bar.
3. Keyboard Shortcut When Formula Bar Is Not Showing
Moreover, we can apply Keyboard Shortcut to bring back the formula bar in our worksheet. Hence, follow the process to carry out the operation.
- Open the Excel worksheet at first.
- Afterward, press the keys ‘Alt’, ‘W’, ‘V’ and ‘F’ one after another serially.
- At last, you’ll get the Formula Bar back.
4. Apply VBA If Formula Bar Is Not Showing in Excel
We’ll use the VBA code to obtain the Formula Bar back in our last method. Therefore, learn the following process to fix the Formula Bar missing issue.
- In the beginning, select the sheet and right-click on the mouse.
- Then, select View Code.
- As a result, the VBA window will pop out and a dialog box will appear.
- Subsequently, copy the following code and paste it into the box.
Sub ShowFormulaBar() Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True End Sub
- Now, press F5 to run the code.
- Next, close the VBA window.
- Eventually, the Formula Bar will reappear in the worksheet.
Henceforth, you will be able to fix the Formula Bar Is Not Showing in Excel problem with the above-described solutions. Keep using them and let us know if you have any more ways to do the task. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.