If you are looking for some special tricks to export tally data in Excel, you’ve come to the right place. There is one way to export tally data in Excel. This article will discuss extensive details of this method to export tally data in Excel. Let’s follow the complete guide to learn all of this.
How to Export Tally Data in Excel: Step-by-Step Procedure
In the following section, we will use one effective and tricky method to export tally data in Excel. This section provides extensive details on this method. You should learn and apply all of these to improve your thinking capability and Excel knowledge. We use the Microsoft Office 365 version here, but you can utilize any other version according to your preference. Here, we use Tally.ERP 9 software to create suitable tally data which we export in Excel. An organization uses this software to record day-to-day business data. You can download this software using the Tally.ERP 9 site.
Step 1: Create Tally Data in Tally.ERP 9 Software
First of all, we are going to create a file in Tally software. Before doing this, make sure that your software is perfectly working after downloading and installing the software. To create a file, you have to follow the following process.
- For instance, we want to create the company’s total balance sheet. So, after opening the ERP 9 Software, we will click on the Create Company option from the Company Info as shown below.
- Next, when the Company Creation window appears, you have to enter your desired company name in the Name box.
- Then, you have to enter the data in the Mailing Address, Statutory Compliance for, Telephone No, and Mobile No sections which are under the Mailing & Contact option.
- Next, you have to enter your desired data in Currency Symbol, Maintain, Financial Year From, and books Begining from boxes under the Company Details section.
- After entering the above data, we can see that we have created a company’s basic information dataset as shown below. In the following image, we see we have created ABC company’s basic information dataset.
- From the following image, we can see the Gateway of Tally section which entitles us to store much more information about the company such as Masters, Transactions, Utilities, and Reports the company.
- For instance, we want to create a balance sheet. To create this, we have to select the Balance Sheet under the Reports section.
- Now, we have to input the required data about the company in the Balance sheet section.
- Here, we have to enter data in the Capital Account, Loans( Liability), and Current Liabilities
- Then, you have to enter the value in the Profit & Loss A/C section.
- For instance, if you want to enter the data in the Capital Account section, you have to click on this section. When the Capital Account window appears, you can enter your required data by using the highlighted section.
- Such like that you can also enter the other sections’ values.
- Here we create a balance sheet file of a company, but you can also create a Ledger or P&L file using this software.
Step 2: Export File in Excel
After creating our required file, we want to export the file in Excel. This Tally software gives us the opportunity to convert the file into PDF, Excel, XML, JPEG, HTML, and ASCI. To export the file in Excel, we have to follow the following process.
- First of all, we have to click on Export as shown below.
- Or you have to press ‘Alt+E’ from the keyboard.
- Next, you have to press the Esc button. As a result, a Format window will appear.
- From the Format window, we have to select Excel (Spreadsheet).
- As a consequence, Exporting Balance Sheet will appear.
- Next, you have to enter your desired location where we want to export the file in the Export Location box.
- Then, you have to type the name of the exported sheet in the Output Sheet Name box.
- Next, if you choose Yes in the Open Exported File box, the file automatically opens after exporting the file in Excel. But if you choose No, it will not happen. But we recommend you to choose this option as Yes, it will help you to save your time to find out the file on your computer after converting it into Excel.
- Then, you have to let the other sections remain unchanged if you want or you can choose an option from the sections as your desired value.
- Next, from the Method of showing Balance Sheet, you can choose the desired option to show the data in Excel. Here we want to export the Liabilities/ Assets tally in Excel and that’s why we choose it.
- Then, after entering all the section data, a window named Export will appear as shown below.
- Next, you have to choose Yes to export the tally data in Excel.
- As a consequence, you will be able to Export Tally data in Excel as shown below.
- If you open the Excel file, you will see the following Excel file.
Read More: How to Make a Tally Sheet in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article. It contains all the datasets and methods in different spreadsheets for a clear understanding.
That’s the end of today’s session. I strongly believe that from now you may be able to export tally data in Excel. If you have any queries or recommendations, please share them in the comments section below. Keep learning new methods and keep growing!
- How to Create a Tally Button in Excel
- How to Make Tally Marks in Excel
- How to Tally a Column in Excel
- How to Tally Words in Excel
- How to Tally Votes in Excel
- How to Make a Tally Chart in Excel