When we print or send any MS Excel file, we convert that file into a PDF and apply the required formatting to that file. When we share any MS Office file with another user, a change in formatting may occur if the receiver does not use the same MS Office version. We usually convert an Excel file into a PDF and send that file to avoid this problem. The PDF file keeps unchanged all the elements of the Excel file, like hyperlinks.
This article will discuss how to export Excel to PDF with Hyperlinks with proper explanation.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, we will discuss how to export an Excel file into PDF with Hyperlinks. We can export the hyperlinks directly. Or we can use a function to convert it into a hyperlink and then export an Excel into PDF.
Here, we have taken a dataset of some popular websites.
In our dataset, we have the input address of the most popular website. Now, we will this Excel file into a PDF.
- First, click on the File tab.
- Now, choose the Save a copy option to export this into PDF.
- A new window will appear to save the file. Choose PDF the Save as type. Then, click the Save button.
- Now, open the PDF file.
- Click on the cells of the Website column.
The hyperlinks work successfully after converting into PDF.
- Print to PDF Using Macro Button in Excel (5 Macro Variants)
- Excel VBA: ExportAsFixedFormat PDF with Fit to Page (3 Examples)
- How to Save Multiple Excel Sheets as One PDF (2 Easy Methods)
- Excel Macro to Save as PDF with Filename from Cell Value (2 Examples)
- Print Range to PDF with VBA in Excel (5 Easiest Examples)
The HYPERLINK function creates a shortcut or jump that opens a document stored on your hard drive, a network server, or on the internet.
We will use this HYPERLINK function here. We can see in the dataset, that website addresses are present. Those are not hyperlinks. First, we will convert them into hyperlinks and then export them into PDF format.
- Go to Cell D4.
- Put the following formula on that cell.
- Now, press the Enter button.
The hyperlink is activated now.
- In a similar way, we apply this Hyperlink function to other cells of the Nick Name column.
- Now, export the Excel file into PDF and click any of the cells to enter the corresponding website.
In this brief article, we described how to export an Excel file into a PDF with hyperlinks. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website ExcelDemy and give your suggestions in the comment box.
- How to Convert Excel to PDF with All Columns (5 Suitable Ways)
- Print to PDF and Email Using VBA in Excel (2 Useful Cases)
- Excel Macro: Save as PDF with Date in Filename (4 Suitable Examples)
- How to Save Excel as PDF on One Page (3 Easy Methods)
- Excel VBA: Create Invoice and Save PDF Format (with Quick Steps)
- How to Save Excel as PDF without Cutting Off (4 Suitable Ways)