This article contains 7 practice exercises for the Excel SUMIF function. You will need a basic understanding of accounting and Excel to solve all the problems. Additionally, you should know the following: the SUMIF function, SUMIF with multiple criteria, use SUMIF across multiple columns, use SUMIF with text, use SUMIF with date range, use SUMIF with OR logic, use the Fill Handle, ways to AutoFill the formulas, use custom cell formatting, Excel VBA, enable developer tab, and adjust background cell color features to find solutions to the problems. You can use any version of Excel to solve the problems.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the Excel file from the following link.
There will be seven practice exercises related to the Excel SUMIF function. Each problem has a distinct dataset. The “Problem” sheet shows the exercises, and the “Solution” sheet shows the problems worked out. The following image shows the dataset of this article. Additionally, you can press Alt+F11 to bring up the Excel VBA window to use the code.
- Exercise 01 SUMIF Greater Than Criteria: In this first exercise, your task is to find the total cost of the products sold that cost more than $1,000.
The following animated image shows the solution to the first problem. We have hidden some columns for better visualization.
- Exercise 02 Set Cell Value as Criteria: Repeat the first problem, this time using the cell reference as the criteria.
- Exercise 03 Total Selling Price per Sales Rep: Calculate the sales generated by both Ben and Jacob.
- Exercise 04 Implementation of Wildcard Character: Find the total selling price of the brands that start with the alphabet A.
- Exercise 05 OR Criteria with SUMIF Function: Calculate the total selling price of the brand from Sony or Acer.
- Exercise 06 Profit Earned for the Month of July: Find the total profit for the month of July.
- Hint: Profit = Selling Price – Cost Price
- Exercise 07 Use of VBA SUMIF Function to Find Total Profit: Apply a VBA code to find the total profit for the company.
The image below shows all the solutions for this exercise.
Thank you for reading this article. By completing the Excel SUMIF practice exercises, we hope that you have gained knowledge about Excel. You can find more articles similar to this on the ExcelDemy website. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment below. However, remember that our website implements comment moderation. Therefore, your comment may not be instantly visible. So, have a little bit of patience, and we will solve your query as soon as possible. Keep excelling!
very helpful exercise.sir.kindly make another exercise on another basic and advanced formulas
Dear Ramandeep Kaur,
Thanks for your appreciation. Sooner we will make another exercise based on Basic and Advanced Formulas.
Project Manager | ExcelDemy