Suppose you have created a spreadsheet but unfortunately used small letters for all the cells containing texts which you needed to capitalize. You may know the ways of capitalizing letters with formula, but won’t it be nice to capitalize all letters in Excel without formula? In this article, I will show you the method of capitalizing all letters in an Excel Spreadsheet without using any formula.
How to Capitalize All Letters Without Formula in Excel: 4 Quick Methods
In this section, you’ll find 4 easy methods for converting text from small letters to all capital letters in an Excel workbook using Excel built-in features. Let’s check them now!
1. Using Excel Flash Fill feature to Capitalize All Letters
Suppose, we have a dataset of different Students’ names and ID of those students. The texts describing the name of the student are in lowercase and we want the format of the name to be all capitalized.
To capitalize the texts with the Flash Fill feature, just follow the steps below:
- At first, add a column where you want the converted capitalized texts. Type the first text in the capital form (i.e. MIKE) and press ENTER.
- Now, just type the first letter of the second cell in your next cell (i.e. ‘A” for ADAM) and Excel will recognize the feature and show the rest of the results in the same capitalized format.
- Press ENTER and you will get the result. You can also activate Flash Fill by pressing CTRL+E.
See! It’s too easy to capitalize texts just by using the Flash Fill feature.
2. Using All Caps Font to Capitalize All Letters
We will now learn how to capitalize letters by using Excel all-caps font which has no lowercase. Just use a Font that has only uppercase font. The following fonts have only capital form:
- COPPERPLATE GOTHIC
- FELIX TITLING
To capitalize letters by using one of this mentioned fonts, just follow the steps:
- First, create a new column where you want the results, copy the text and paste it to the new column.
- Select the cells of the new column, go to the text format of the Home tab, and choose any format which has only uppercase (i.e. COPPERPLATE GOTHIC).
- Your result will be ready.
Thus we can capitalize letters by using all caps font in the blink of an eye!
Read More: How to Change to Title Case in Excel
3. Capitalize All Letters Using Microsoft Word
If you are not satisfied with Excel, then you can also use Microsoft Word for capitalizing text.
For this, just follow the procedure.
- Firstly, copy the cells you want to capitalize.
- Open an MS Word doc file and paste the cells.
- Go to the Home tab. Select Aa icon> Uppercase.
- Your texts will be capitalized.
- Copy the texts and paste them to the column in the Excel Sheet by clicking the paste icon.
- You will get the desired output.
That’s how we can convert small letters to capital ones by using MS Word.
4. Use Excel Power Query to Capitalize All Letters
We can also apply Excel Power Query for converting text from lowercase to uppercase.
Let’s check the steps:
- First, select a cell in the dataset (for simplicity only the name portion of the dataset has been taken), Go to the Data tab>From Table Range
- A pop-up will appear. Select the data range and mark My table has headers.
- Now a Power Query Editor window will show up.
- Go to Add Column>Format>UPPERCASE.
- A new UPPERCASE column will be created with all capitalized text.
- Go to File tab> Close & Load.
- A new table with capitalized text will be created in an additional worksheet. You’re done!
In this way, you can capitalize all letters of a text by using the Power Query tool. Format the table as you prefer.
Download Practice Workbook
In this article, we have learned how to convert texts in Excel from small letters to capital letters using built-in Excel features. I hope from now on you can quickly capitalize all letters in Excel without using any formula if you need them. If you have any queries regarding this article, please don’t forget to leave a comment below. Have a great day!
- How to Stop Auto Capitalization in Excel
- Capitalize First Letter of Each Word in Excel
- How to Change Case for Entire Column in Excel
- How to Change Case in Excel Sheet
- How to Change Case in Excel without a Formula
- How to Change Sentence Case in Excel
- How to Change Lowercase to Uppercase with Formula in Excel
- Excel Change to Proper Case without Formula
- Excel VBA to Capitalize First Letter of Each Word
- Automatic Uppercase in Excel VBA
- How to Change Upper Case to Lower Case in Excel