In workstations, we use MS Excel to record our entry time, exit time, and working period. Sometimes we need to manipulate those times due to different purposes. You may need to add or subtract minutes or seconds with the given time. In this article, we will discuss how to add 15 minutes to time in Excel with proper illustrations.
This is an overview of how to add 15 minutes to time in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
4 Methods to Add 15 Minutes to Time in Excel
We will add 15 minutes to time in Excel mostly using formulas. We have taken a simple dataset of a list of the time of different time values.
1. Use SUM Function to Add 15 Minutes to Time in Excel
In this section, we will use the SUM function. Before applying the formula we will change the format of the minute.
- Add a new column on the right side and remove all the minute values.
- Choose Range C5:C9 from the dataset.
- Then, press Ctrl+1.
- The Format Cells window appears.
- Choose the Number tab.
- Select a marked format from the Custom section.
- Then, press OK.
- Now, put 15 minutes in the following way.
- Put the same value in Range C5:C9.
Here, we are presenting values in terms of minutes and seconds.
- Go to Cell D5.
- Put the following formula.
- Drag the Fill Handle icon.
We get the required result.
Alternatively, we can use the following simple formula:
This will add 15 minutes easily.
In the above section, we changed the format of the minute value. But if we do not want to change the format, there are also some formulas that can be applied.
- Put the following formula on Cell D5.
- Now, press the Enter button.
- Finally, drag the Fill Handle icon to get the result of the whole column.
We can see 15 minutes added with all the time values.
We can also use other custom formulas to add 15 minutes at a time. It is known that 1 day equals 24 hours and 1 hour equals 60 minutes. Now, we convert days into minutes.
1 day = 24 X 60
= 1440 minutes
- We will apply a formula using this value to add 15 minutes to time on Cell E5.
- Again, drag the Fill Handle icon.
We can also use the multiplication operation here.
- Divide 1 day by 1440 and then multiply 15 by the result and add with the existing time. Then, put the following formula on Cell F5.
- Again, press the Enter button and drag the Fill Handle icon.
Read More: How to Add Minutes to Time in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
2. Use Excel TIME Function
In this section, we will use 15 with the TIME function to add time in Excel.
- Put the formula below on Cell D5.
We add the existing time with the TIME function here.
- Press Enter and pull the Fill Handle icon.
We get our desired result successfully.
Read More: How to Add Minutes to Time in Excel (5 Easy Ways)
3. Apply TIMEVALUE Function
We will use the TIMEVALUE function in this section. We will include 15 minutes with the TIMEVALUE function and add value to the existing time.
- Go to Cell D5 and put the following formula based on the TIMEVALUE function.
- Now, drag the Fill Handle icon downwards.
Read More: How to Add 30 Minutes to Time in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
4. Combine TIME, HOUR, MINUTE & SECOND Functions
In this section, we will apply the combination of the TIME, HOUR, MINUTE & SECOND functions to add 15 minutes in Excel.
- Put the formula below on Cell D5.
- Press the Enter button and drag the Fill Handle icon.
Read More: Adding Hours and Minutes in Excel (4 Suitable Methods)
Things to Remember
When we use the SUM and the NOW functions, we must change the format of added minutes.
In this article, we described how to add 15 minutes to time in Excel. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website Exceldemy.com and give your suggestions in the comment box.