Sometimes, we may deal with a lot of data in our worksheets. So it became very hard to maintain one worksheet for all the data. Maintaining two or more worksheets can meet our necessity. Inserting an Excel file into another is an easy task to do. In this article, we have discussed how to insert an Excel file into another Excel file. So, let’s get started.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following practice workbook. It will help you to realize the topic more clearly.
3 Easy Steps to Insert an Excel File into Another Excel File
Let’s introduce the two separate Excel files first. Here we have taken one Excel file of Sales of January of the Sales Rep.
In the other Excel file, we have taken a dataset of Sales for February for the Sales Rep.
Not to mention, we have used the “Microsoft 365” version. You can use any other version according to your preference.
Now, let’s grasp the 3 simple steps to insert an Excel file into another Excel file.
Step 1: Use the Insert Tab
- First of all, select a random cell where you can put an Excel file to your current Excel file.
- Secondly, move to the Insert tab >> click on the drop-down option of the Text command >> pick Object from the options.
Read More: [Fixed!] Cannot Insert Object in Excel
Step 2: Apply the Object Command
- An Object dialog box pops up. Then select Create from File option and pick Browse.
Read More: How to Attach Zip File in Excel (3 Quick Tricks)
Step 3: Insert Excel File
- Consequently, your folder opens. Now, pick the exact Excel file that you want to input in the current Excel file. Click on Insert.
- The file is now created in the Object window. Hit OK.
Finally, you have added your Excel file to the current Excel file!
Place anywhere on the sheet that seems suitable for you. See the below image to get a proper idea.
Read More: How to Insert PDF as Image in Excel (2 Simple Ways)
That’s all about today’s session. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or suggestions. For a better understanding please download the practice sheet. Visit our website Exceldemy, a one-stop Excel solution provider to find out diverse kinds of excel methods. Thanks for your patience in reading this article.