We use Excel for many different reasons. You can store important information in the worksheets. Then, perform various operations. Sharing Excel workbooks among employees in a company or institution is common. Therefore, it’s essential at times to input Notes. Notes clarify certain datasets. Otherwise, it can be difficult to understand by other users. Again, we may need to Hide those Notes. Suppose we are working with a large worksheet. In that case, viewing the worksheet properly can be troublesome with all those Notes. So, in this article, we’ll show you how to Hide Notes in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
3 Handy Approaches to Hide Notes in Excel
There are some ways to input Notes. Right-clicking on the mouse is the simplest way to insert Note. However, we can choose either of 2 Options for the Notes to display. One is constantly showing. Another is displaying only when we hover over the cell. When the notes are displayed all the time, we may need to hide them. To illustrate, we’ll use a sample dataset as an example. For instance, the following dataset has 2 Notes in cells D5 and D8. Now, we’ll show you how to hide them.
1. Hide Notes in Excel Through Review Tab
In our first method, we’ll make use of the Review tab. Under the Review tab, you’ll see different sections. The Notes section is beside the Comments section. In this Notes section, we’ll have the choice to hide all the notes at once, or just a specific one. The procedure is a bit different for the 2 cases. So, go through the below process to learn about them.
1.1 All Notes
First, we’ll show you how to Hide All the Notes present in an Excel workbook at once. In this case, you don’t have to select any cell beforehand. You just need to open a worksheet with the notes. Therefore, follow the steps below to perform the task.
- In the beginning, go to Review ➤ Notes.
- Then, select Show All Notes.
- As a result, all the Notes will disappear from the worksheet.
- Finally, you’ll see your dataset as shown in the following picture.
1.2 Specific Note
Sometimes, you may want to hide specific notes rather than all the notes. You can do that through the Review tab. For this case, you have to select the cell first. Otherwise, you won’t get to see the desired option in the Notes section. So, learn the steps below to carry out the operation.
- Firstly, select the cell with the note that you want to hide.
- In this example, select cell D5.
- Now, go to the Review tab.
- Next, choose Notes ➤ Show/Hide Note.
- Consequently, you won’t see the D5 cell’s Note But, you can see the note indicator. And when you hover over the cell, only then the note will appear.
- How Do I Stop My Notes from Moving in Excel (2 Useful Methods)
- Convert Comments to Notes in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- How to Print Notes in Excel (2 Simple Methods)
2. Use of Context Menu for Hiding Notes in Excel
The easiest way to hide notes in Excel comes from the use of the Context Menu. However, we can’t hide all the notes at once through this process. We know, we can select any cell by left-clicking the mouse. And we can type in any cell by double-clicking it. But, we can always right-click by selecting any cell to open different options. Suppose, we want to hide the D8 cell note with this method. Hence, follow the below process for Hiding Notes.
- Select cell D8 at first.
- Then, right-click on the Mouse.
- As a result, you’ll get a series of options to choose from.
- Click Show/Hide Note.
- Accordingly, it’ll hide that specific note only.
- Lastly, the dataset will appear like it’s demonstrated in the following image.
3. Go Through Excel File Options to Hide Notes
We have another technique to hide the notes. This approach applies the changes in all the worksheets in that workbook. We can modify different settings in a workbook using File Options. Now, learn the following procedure to Hide Notes Through Excel File Options.
- First of all, go to the File tab.
- In the File window, select Options.
- Consequently, The Excel Options dialog box will pop out.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- After that, in the Display section, you’ll get to see 3 options for the cells with comments (For cells with comments, show).
- To Hide the notes, check the circle for Indicators only, and comments and notes on hover.
- You can also choose other options according to your requirement.
- Subsequently, press OK.
- Thus, it’ll return the worksheet and the dataset as displayed below.
Henceforth, you will be able to Hide Notes in Excel following the above-described methods. Keep using them and let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.