While using the Tally app, we frequently need to export many necessary data. Like we may need to export all the ledgers from tally and if you don’t know how to do that then you have come to the right place. Hope this article will provide you with the easiest guideline to export all the ledgers from Tally in Excel with every required image.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the free Excel workbook from here to see our exported output.
What Is Ledger in Tally?
A ledger is used to keep the information of every transaction like purchases, payments, sales, receipts, and other accounts. It is used in all accounting calculations. You can’t record any transaction without a ledger. In the Tally app, we have the Ledger option to keep transaction records. The Tally app has some easy ways to export data.
How to Export Ledgers from Tally in Excel
Now I’ll show the easy steps to export all the ledgers from the Tally.ERP 9 app. I’m using this just for demonstration purposes. Here, I created a company in the Tally app named ‘John & Co.’. We’ll export its ledger data.
- First, open your Tally app.
- Select the company which ledgers you want to export.
- Then, select Display from the Gateway of Tally section.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Next, from the Display Menu, select Statements of Accounts and press Enter.
- At this moment, select Statistics from the appeared menu.
- After that, we’ll get the Ledgers option in the Types of Accounts section.
- Soon after, we’ll get all the list of ledgers. Just click on the Export option now.
Later, we’ll get a dialog box to set every required setting to export ledgers.
- First, select Default (All Languages) from the Language box and hit the Enter button.
- Then choose Excel (Spreadsheet) from the Format box and hit the Enter button.
Have a look that, there are more formats like HTML, JPEG, PDF to export. If you want then you can export in those formats too.
- Next, set the export location and press the Enter button.
- After that, write the File name. I typed- ‘Export Ledgers from Tally’.
- Then hit the Enter button.
- Later, type the sheet name. I gave the sheet name- ‘List of Ledgers’.
- Then press the Enter button to move to the next step.
- You can skip the next steps because the default settings are ok to export.
- Finally from the Type of Masters section, select Ledgers and hit the Enter button.
- It will open a little confirmation dialog box, select Yes to continue. Or if you want to change anything then press No and edit.
Soon after, an Excel file will open up like the image below.
Things to Remember
- While using Tally, double-click your mouse or press the Enter button to select anything.
- If you use the Education mode in Tally then you will get some features unavailable.
- Copy and pasting of exporting location or sheet name won’t work, you will have to type them.
- Tally.ERP 9 will export the file in Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls) format. If you want to get the XLSX format then open the XLS file and Save it in XLSX format.
I hope the procedures described above will be good enough to export all ledgers from tally in Excel. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section and give me feedback. Visit ExcelDemy to explore more.
- Make Tally Purchase Order Format in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- How to Tally a Balance Sheet in Excel
- Tally Sales Invoice Format in Excel (Download Free Template)
- How to Make General Ledger in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- Create General Ledger in Excel from General Journal Data
- How to Maintain Ledger Book in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- Create a Checkbook Ledger in Excel (2 Useful Examples)