Usually, there is more than one worksheet that we work on in our Excel workbook. Therefore, viewing the sheet tabs is essential. We switch between the sheets all the time. But, there might be some scenarios where the sheet tabs stay hidden, which becomes an issue for us. In this article, we’ll show you the possible reasons and solutions for Excel Sheet Tabs Hidden behind the Taskbar problem.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
4 Solutions to Excel Sheet Tabs Hidden behind Taskbar
1. Maximize Excel Window
Restored Excel Window is the most common problem of the Sheet Tabs Hidden behind the Taskbar. In the following picture, we can guess that the sheet tabs are behind the taskbar.
Hence, follow the steps below to solve the issue.
- First, go to the upper-right corner of your Excel window.
- Then, press the Maximize icon boxed in red color in the following picture.
- As a result, you’ll get to see all the sheet tabs as shown below.
2. Resolve with Excel File Options
However, due to specific undesired changes in the Excel File Options, we may not see the sheet tabs in our Excel window. So, learn the following steps to get rid of those changes.
- Firstly, go to File in the Excel window.
- As a result, the File window will pop out.
- After that, select Options.
- Consequently, the Excel Options dialog box will emerge.
- Now, press the Advanced tab.
- Next, check the box for Show sheet tabs under the Display options for this workbook section.
- Lastly, press OK. it’ll return the Excel window with the sheet tabs now visible.
- How to Restore Ribbon in Excel (5 Quick Ways)
- MS Excel Ribbon and Its Function
- How to Pin the Ribbon in Excel (4 Simple Methods)
- Understanding contextual tabs in Excel Ribbon
3. Adjust Horizontal Bar Size in Excel Status Bar
Again, a pretty long Horizontal Bar present just above the Excel Status Bar can block the view of sheet tabs. It’s demonstrated below to give you a better understanding.
But, the adjustment of the bar size is very easy. We just have to drag the bar boundary to our wish. Therefore, follow the given process to carry out the operation.
- First of all, locate the horizontal bar which you will see over the status bar.
- Subsequently, drag the left side boundary of the bar while clicking the mouse.
- At last, you’ll see the sheet tabs.
4. Sort out with Format Drop-Down
Additionally, there can be such cases where a single sheet tab or multiple sheet tabs are absent. It happens when we accidentally hide a sheet. Now, learn the following procedure for solving the problem of Excel Sheet Tabs Hidden behind the Taskbar.
- Select the Format drop-down icon which you’ll get in the Cells section under the Home tab at first.
- Then, select Hide & Unhide under the Visibility in the pop-out list.
- Afterward, press Unhide Sheet.
- As a result, the Unhide dialog box will appear.
- There, select the desired sheet.
- In the end, you’ll get all your sheets in the sheet tabs.
Read More: How to Show, Hide, & Customize Excel Ribbon
Henceforth, you will be able to sort out Excel Sheet Tabs Hidden behind Taskbar issue following the above-described solutions. Keep using them and let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.