Regarding working with Microsoft Excel, we use different formulas and multiple features to format cells. Sometimes, we might need to copy just the values, not the formulas. In this article, I am going to explain 5 simple yet effective ways on how to copy number without formula in Excel.
For more explanation, I have arranged a dataset where I have recorded the share values along with the months.
Copy Number Not Formula in Excel: 5 Quick Tricks
It’s not that difficult to copy number without formula in Excel. You will be able to understand it after reading the following procedures.
1. Use of Paste Special Command
If you have ever copied and pasted text or other data in Microsoft Excel, you know that sometimes you want to paste just the values, and other times you want to paste everything (including formatting, formulas, and comments). To make your life easier, Excel has a Paste Special command that lets you choose how you want to paste the information.
- First of all, select the entire area that you want to copy. Here, I have selected cells B9:C11.
- Then, copy that area.
- Next, select a cell and right-click on the mouse.
- From the available options, select Paste Special.
A Paste Special wizard will appear.
- From the Paste group, choose Values and press OK.
We will have the copied number without formula.
2. Application of Paste as Value Feature
Another effective way to copy number without formula is to use the Paste Value option from the Home tab. The whole procedure is described below.
- Select the entire area that you want to copy. Here, I have selected cells B9:C11 and copy that area.
- Go to the Home tab.
- From the ribbon, pick the Paste option.
- Click on Values from Paste Values section.
Then, we will have our desired output in the selected cell.
3. Keyboard Shortcut to Copy Number Not Formula
Keyboard Shortcut is the simplest way to copy number, not formula.
- Copy the required cells.
- Choose a suitable location to paste.
- Now, press Ctrl + Alt + V, V, and Enter to have the copied cells without formula.
4. Adoption of Simple Mouse Trick
We can also use the mouse to copy number without formula. The whole procedure is described below.
- Select the entire cells and put the cursor at the edge of the selected area to have four-headed arrows.
- Now, keep pressing on the right side of the mouse and move it to the selected location.
- After that, pick Copy Here as Values Only.
Now, we will have the copied number, not the formula.
5. Use of VBA Macro Code
Visual Basic Analysis (VBA) is the most advanced way to copy number without formula.
- Go to Developer.
- Click on Visual Basic from the ribbon.
- Double-click on the sheet name to have space for code writing.
- Now, input the following code in the code writing section to have a duplicate sheet in a new worksheet without formula.
Application.CutCopyMode = False
- After that, click on the Run button.
Now, we will have a duplicate sheet in a new worksheet without formula.
Read More: [Fixed!] CTRL C Not Working in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
At the end of this article, I like to add that I have tried to explain 5 simple yet effective ways on how to copy number without formula in Excel. It will be a matter of great pleasure for me if this article could help any Excel user even a little. For any further queries, comment below.
- [Solved] Excel Copy Paste Loses Formatting
- [Fixed!] Cannot Copy Merged Cells in Excel
- [Fixed!] Paste Link Not Working in Excel
- [Fixed!] Copy and Paste Not Working Between Workbooks in Excel
- [Fixed!]: Microsoft Excel Cannot Paste the Data as Picture