One of the widely used programs for organizing data storage is Microsoft Excel. Excel spreadsheets allow you to easily conduct operations and store enormous amounts of data. In Microsoft Excel, you can also convert CSV to VCF. This article will show how to convert CSV to VCF using Excel without any online software. I hope you find this article very informative.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the practice workbook below.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Convert CSV to VCF Using Excel
In order to convert CSV to VCF using Excel, we have found step-by-step procedures. In general, there are three legit steps through which you can easily convert. First, you need to convert your Excel file into a CSV file. Secondly, import contacts from the CSV file. Finally, export contacts to VCF. To understand the whole thing in detail, follow the steps.
Step 1: Convert Excel to CSV File
Our first step is to convert Excel to a CSV file. So, we need to have a dataset that includes some names and numbers. After that, we will save it as a CSV file.
- First, open the Excel file which you want to convert into a CSV file.
- Then, place a dataset that contains some names and their numbers.
- After that, go to the File tab on the ribbon.
- Then, select Save As command.
- Select the Browse option from there.
- As a result, we will see a new window.
- Here, we need to set the File name.
- Then, from the Save as type, select the CSV(comma delimited) file option.
- After that, click on Save.
- Finally, we will get the CSV file type from Excel.
Read More: How to Open VCF File in Excel (2 Simple Methods)
Step 2: Import Contacts from CSV File
In our second step, we would like to import contacts from a CSV file. That’s why we will utilize the windows icon and try to import contacts from the CSV file which was made by us previously.
- First, click on the Windows
- Then, search for the Run option from there.
- In the Run dialog box, write down Contacts.
- As a result, the Contacts pane will occur.
- Then, click on the Import option.
- After that, select CSV(Comma Separated Values) from Import to Windows Contacts.
- Then, select Import.
- As a result, CSV Import will occur.
- Then, select the Browse option.
- Select the CSV file which you created from an Excel file previously.
- Then, click on Next.
- As a result, we will get two text fields.
- First, select Converting CSV to VCF option.
- The Change Mapping dialog box will appear.
- Select Name from the drop-down arrow.
- Check on Import this field option.
- Then, select OK.
- After that, follow a similar procedure and select Mobile Phone as Contacts Field from Column 1
- Finally, click on Finish.
- As a consequence, the Import to Windows Contacts dialog box will occur.
- Then, select Close.
- As a result, you will see all the contacts will occur in this way. See the screenshot.
Step 3: Export Contacts to VCF
Our last step is to export contacts to VCF. In this step, we will show how to export the imported contacts into VCF.
- First, select the Export option.
- Then, the Export Windows Contacts dialog box.
- Select vCards (folders of .vcf files).
- Then, select Export.
- As a result, the Browse For Folder window will appear.
- Then, select Make New Folder.
- After that, set the folder name as Contact VCF.
- Then, click on OK.
- As a result, you will get a confirmation message box.
- Click on OK.
- Then, in the Export Windows Contacts window, click on Close.
- As a consequence, we get the converted VCF in a folder.
- When we enter the folder, we will see all the contacts in a VCF file.
💬 Things to Remember
- You can use some online software to convert CSV to VCF but if you consider using Excel without any software, then, this article will provide you with enough details.
- As this is a manual process, it is a time-consuming process.
- We use Excel 365 and Windows 10 versions to solve the problem. If you use other versions, then you may face some minor changes while doing the job.
To convert CSV to VCF using Excel, we have shown step-by-step procedures through which you can easily understand the process. We have divided the procedures into three steps. All three steps are user-friendly. Moreover, this article has shown you how to convert Excel to VCF without software. I hope we covered all possible areas of this topic, If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box. Don’t forget to visit our Exceldemy page.
This was very helpful. Clearly explained with good screenshots. I was able to convert my CSF file without any difficulty. Thank you.
Thanks for your appreciation. To get more helpful content be with ExcelDemy.
Project Manager | ExcelDemy