Sometimes, our arrow keys get locked. We have to face many problems due to this problem But it is nothing unusual. We can solve it quite easily. In this article, We are going to explain 5 easy ways on how to unlock arrow keys in Excel.
Reasons of Arrow Keys Getting Locked in Excel
Arrow keys can get locked in many ways. Some honorable mentions are:
- Pressing on the Scroll Lock key
- Unchecking the Turning on Sticky Keys box
- Enabling Add-ins options
If arrow keys get locked, we face difficulties to move the cursor from cell to cell. We even face the problem of scrolling due to the lock of arrow keys.
5 Easy Ways to Unlock Arrow Keys in Excel
1. Using Keyboard Key to Unlock Arrow Keys
We can use keyboard key to solve the unlock arrow keys problem. There is a key on the keyboard named SCROLL LOCK. Just press on it and the problem will be solved.
2. Clicking Unlock Button through On-Screen Keyboard
Similar to the earlier method, there is another option where we have to click on the On-Screen Keyboard button to unlock arrow keys.
- Go to Search
- Write On–Screen Keyboard.
- Now, click on the On–Screen Keyboard option.
- Press on the ScrLk
Thus, the arrow keys will be unlocked.
- How to Move Cells without Replacing in Excel (3 Methods)
- Move One Cell to Right Using VBA in Excel (3 Examples)
- How to Move Highlighted Cells in Excel (5 Ways)
- Move Merged Cells in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- How to Rearrange Rows in Excel (4 Ways)
3. Turning On Sticky Keys
Check the Turn on Sticky Keys is another option to unlock arrow keys.
- First of all, click on the Search
- Then, write Control Panel.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- Choose the Ease of Access Center.
- Next, click on Make the keyboard easier to use.
- Check the Turn on Sticky Keys.
- Finally, press Apply and then OK to finish the process.
Related Content: How to Shift Rows Down in Excel (3 Simple & Easy Ways)
4. Unlock Arrow Keys by Disabling Add-ins
Excel has several Add-ins and we may need to enable them from time to time, which may occur the issue. Disabling the Add-ins is another smooth option to unlock arrow keys.
- Go to the File
- From there, choose Options.
An Excel Options box will appear.
- Click on Add-ins.
- Then, pick Excel Add-ins and press on Go.
- Uncheck all the Add-ins.
- Finally, press OK.
This is a probable solution which could solve the issue.
5. Turn Off Scroll Lock from Customize Status Bar
Turning Off the Scroll lock from the Customize Status Bar is another probable procedure to unlock arrow keys.
- Right-click on the Status Bar.
- Turn Off the Scroll Lock option from the Customize Status Bar.
That’s it. Hopefully, this will unlock arrow keys in Excel.
Related Content: Excel Formula to Move Data from One Cell to Another
We have tried to explain 5 simple ways on how to unlock arrow keys in Excel. We hope it will help the Excel Users. For further queries, comment below. Do check our Exceldemy site for more Excel solutions.