While working with large Microsoft Excel, sometimes we need to import data into Excel from the web. Importing data from the web is an easy task. This is time-saving task also. Today, in this article, we’ll learn two quick and suitable steps to import data into Excel from the web effectively with appropriate illustrations.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
2 Easy Steps to Import Data into Excel from Web
Let’s assume we have an Excel large worksheet that contains the information about several sales representatives of Armani Group. The name of the sales representatives, their Identification Number and the Revenue Earned by the sales representatives are given in Columns B, C, and D respectively. We can easily import data from the web by using the From Web command. Here’s an overview of the dataset for today’s task.
Step 1: Copy the URL to Import Data into Excel from Web
First of all, copy the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) from where we will copy our data. To do that, follow the instructions below to copy the URL from the web!
- Firstly, open e browser.
- Then go to your desired site to copy the URL for importing data.
- For our convenience of our work, we will go to Exceldemy.com site to copy URL for importing data. To copy the URL, press Ctrl + C on your keyboard simultaneously which has been given in the below screenshot.
Step 2: Use From Web Command to Import Data into Excel from Web
Undoubtedly, import data into Excel from the web is an easy task. To do that, follow the instructions below to insert data into Excel from the web!
- First of all, select a cell. From our dataset, we will select cell B15 for the convenience of our work.
- After selecting cell B15, from your Data tab, go to,
Data → Get & Transform Data → From Web
- As a result, a dialog box named From Web will appear in front of you.
- Hence, From Web dialog box, paste the URL under the URL inserting box. The URL is,
- At last, press OK option.
- After pressing OK, a window named Navigator will appear in front of you. From the Navigator window, firstly, select Web view. Secondly, press Load option.
- After pressing the Load option, Power Query transforms the data and loads it as an Excel table.
- After completing the above process, you will be able to import data from the web which has been given in the below screenshot.
Read More: How to Import Data into Excel from Another Excel File (2 Ways)
Things to Remember
➜ While a value can not found in the referenced cell, the #N/A error happens in Excel.
➜ If you want to copy data in Excel, simply press Ctrl + C on your keyboard, and to paste the copied data, press Ctrl + V.
I hope all of the suitable methods mentioned above to import data into Excel from the web will now provoke you to apply them in your Excel spreadsheets with more productivity. You are most welcome to feel free to comment if you have any questions or queries.
- Extract Filtered Data in Excel to Another Sheet (4 Methods)
- How to Extract Data from Excel Sheet (6 Effective Methods)
- How to Extract Data from Image into Excel (With Quick Steps)
- Convert Excel to Text File with Delimiter (2 Easy Approaches)
- How to Convert Notepad to Excel with Columns (5 Methods)
- Transfer Data from One Excel Worksheet to Another Automatically with VLOOKUP