While working in Microsoft Excel, we often use images to make our reports more lucrative. But sometimes we need to rotate or flip the image according to the row and column arrangement. Then we mirror the image to set it up according to the dataset. In this article, I will share with you how to mirror images in Excel. Stay tuned!
How to Mirror Image in Excel: 2 Simple Methods
In the following article, I have shared 2 simple and easy methods to mirror images in Excel.
Suppose we have an image inserted in our Excel workbook. Now with the help of Excel’s built-in features, I will mirror images in Excel.
1. Use Format Picture Option to Mirror Image in Excel
Sometimes, you need to work with a lot of images inside a report. For proper orientation of pictures Format Picture is the best solution. Simply, you can use the format picture option to mirror images in Excel. Follow the steps below-
- First, select the image and click the right button on the mouse to appear the options.
- Second, choose Format Picture from the options.
- After that, from the right pane choose 3-D Rotation and change the Degree of X Rotation to “180” degrees.
- Finally, you will get a mirror image of the selected picture. Simple isn’t it?
2. Utilize Picture Format Feature to Mirror Image
In Excel, picture formatting is a normal and easy task. You can use the Picture Format feature to mirror images in Excel. In order to do so just follow the steps below-
- While the image is selected choose Picture Format from the Home ribbon.
- Then, select Rotate from the Arrange feature.
- Hence, from the drop-down list, click Flip Horizontal.
- In conclusion, your chosen image is mirrored with some simple clicks. Enjoy!
Things to Remember
- If you want you can also reshape or rotate the picture in various directions using the Picture Format feature.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods to mirror image in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience.