When you make an Excel file and share it with a group of people, inserting a comment makes the Excel file very user-friendly. You may know how to add a comment with text, but sometimes it can be essential to insert a picture comment in Excel to get a proper visualization. In this article, we’re going to show you the simple steps to insert a picture comment in Excel. Let’s get started.
How to Insert Picture in Excel Comment: Easy Steps
In our article, we have taken a dataset of some Students along with their Country of origin.
Not to mention, we have used the Microsoft 365 version. You can use any other version at your convenience.
Note: In the Microsoft Excel 365 version, Comments are now called Threaded Comments where you have the opportunity to reply and discuss the data with other users. On the other hand, Notes add remarks or interpretations of the data and work like Comments in previously used versions of Excel.
Step 1: Insert a Comment
- First of all, select a cell where you want to add a picture comment.
- Then, go to the Review tab >> Notes command >> select New Note.
Finally, you can see a box where you can put a comment just like in the image below.
Read More: Creating and Editing Comments in Excel
- How to Find Comments in Excel
- How to Add Comment in Excel Formula
- How to Populate Comment from Another Cell in Excel
- How to Filter Cells with Comments in Excel
Step 2: Choose the Format Comment Option
- At this moment, hover your cursor on the edge of the note box.
- Then, right-click when the cursor turns into a four-arrow sign.
- Eventually, select Format Comment to insert a picture in your comment.
Read More: How to Format Comments in Excel
- How to Read Full Comment in Excel
- How to Extract Comments in Excel
- How to Extract Comments from Word Document into Excel
- How to Add Floating Comment in Excel
Step 3: Use the Colors and Lines Tab
Sequentially, after clicking on the Format Comment, a dialog wizard named Format Comment appears. Select Colors and Lines from the window.
Read More: How to Edit Comment in Excel
- How to Export Instagram Comments to Excel
- Vlookup to Copy Comments in Excel
- Difference Between Threaded Comments and Notes in Excel
- How to Reference Comments in Excel
Step 4: Select the Fill Effects Option
Afterward, under the Colors and Lines tab >> choose the Color dropdown >> pick Fill Effects.
Step 5: Insert Picture
Subsequently, the Fill Effects dialog box pops up.
- Then choose Picture from there and move to Select.
- Insert Picture option appears in front of you at this time. Pick From a file if you want to add an image that exists on your computer.
- Consequently, choose your desired picture from your folder just like we did here.
- Then, again the Fill Effects window appears. But this time it will show you a preview of your image. Hit OK.
- Eventually, the Format Comment box appears and click on OK.
Finally, you can see the picture has been inserted into your comment just like in the image below.
You can add other pictures for other cells by following the same procedure.
Read More: Anchoring Comment Boxes in Excel
- How to Reply to a Comment in Excel
- [Solved!] Comments Are Not Displaying Properly in Excel
- [Fixed!] Excel Comment Only Showing Arrow
- How to Make Flashcards in Excel
We have provided a practice section on each sheet on the right side for your practice. Please do it by yourself.
Download Practice Workbook
That’s all about today’s session. These are some easy steps to insert a picture in an Excel comment. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or suggestions. For a better understanding please download the practice sheet. Thanks for your patience in reading this article.