When you make an Excel file and share it with a group of people, inserting a comment makes the Excel file very user-friendly. You may know how to add a comment with text, but sometimes it can be essential to insert a picture comment in Excel to get a proper visualization. In this article, we’re going to show you the simple steps to insert a picture comment in Excel. Let’s get started.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following practice workbook. It will help you to realize the topic more clearly.
5 Easy Steps to Insert Picture in Excel Comment
In our article, we have taken a dataset of some Students along with their Country of origin.
Not to mention, we have used the Microsoft 365 version. You can use any other version at your convenience.
Note: In the Microsoft Excel 365 version, Comments are now called Threaded Comments where you have the opportunity to reply and discuss the data with other users. On the other hand, Notes add remarks or interpretations of the data and work like Comments in previously used versions of Excel. Furthermore, you can explore Notes vs Comments in Excel to get a clearer concept.
Step 1: Insert a Comment
- First of all, select a cell where you want to add a picture comment.
- Then, go to the Review tab >> Notes command >> select New Note.
Finally, you can see a box where you can put a comment just like in the image below.
Read More: Creating and Editing Comments in Excel (4 Practical Examples)
Step 2: Choose the Format Comment Option
- At this moment, hover your cursor on the edge of the note box.
- Then, right-click when the cursor turns into a four-arrow sign.
- Eventually, select Format Comment to insert a picture in your comment.
Read More: How to Format Comments in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
Step 3: Use the Colors and Lines Tab
Sequentially, after clicking on the Format Comment, a dialog wizard named Format Comment appears. Select Colors and Lines from the window.
Read More: How to Edit Comment in Excel (Including More Features)
- How to Export Instagram Comments to Excel (with Quick Steps)
- Vlookup to Copy Comments in Excel (with a UDF)
- How to Copy Comments to Another Cell in Excel (2 Methods)
- Difference Between Threaded Comments and Notes in Excel
- How to Reset Comment Position in Excel (With Easy Steps)
Step 4: Select the Fill Effects Option
Afterward, under the Colors and Lines tab >> choose the Color dropdown >> pick Fill Effects.
Step 5: Insert Picture
Subsequently, the Fill Effects dialog box pops up.
- Then choose Picture from there and move to Select.
- Insert Picture option appears in front of you at this time. Pick From a file if you want to add an image that exists on your computer.
- Consequently, choose your desired picture from your folder just like we did here.
- Then, again the Fill Effects window appears. But this time it will show you a preview of your image. Hit OK.
- Eventually, the Format Comment box appears, and click on OK.
Finally, you can see the picture has been inserted into your comment just like in the image below.
You can add other pictures for other cells by following the same procedure.
Read More: [Solved:] Insert Comment Not Working in Excel (2 Simple Solutions)
We have provided a practice section on each sheet on the right side for your practice. Please do it by yourself.
That’s all about today’s session. And these are some easy steps to insert a picture in an Excel comment. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or suggestions. For a better understanding please download the practice sheet. Visit our website Exceldemy, a one-stop Excel solution provider to find out diverse kinds of excel methods. Thanks for your patience in reading this article.
- How to Copy Comments in Excel (2 Suitable Ways)
- How to Export PDF Comments into an Excel Spreadsheet (3 Quick Tricks)
- Convert Comments to Notes in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- How to Print Worksheet with Comments in Excel (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Remove Comments in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
- [Fixed!] Comments in Excel Far Away from Cell (3 Possible Solutions)