A fundamental duty in data calculation is computing percentages. We must understand what percentage of the work has been completed. For instance, to be able to take tests, we meticulously assessed our attendance rate in school or college. Thus, knowing how to handle data in percentages is an essential skill for anyone who deals with numbers. This article will show you how to calculate attendance percentage in Excel.
Procedures to Calculate Attendance Percentage in Excel: Step-by-Step Procedures
Here, we will demonstrate to you to calculate attendance percentages in Excel by applying the percentage formula. Let’s suppose we have a sample data set.
Step 1: Creating Data Set with Proper Parameters
- Here is our data set including 7 students and the number of lectures delivered and the number of lectures they attended for calculating attendance percentage.
Step 2: Applying Percentage Formula
The proportion per hundred is used to compute the percentage. To put it another way, the denominator and numerator are divided, and the result is multiplied by 100. Numerator/Denominator is the Excel formula for percentages
- Firstly, select the E5 cell.
- Then, write down the following formula.
- After that, hit ENTER.
- Here, you will see the first student’s percentage of attendance in the E5 cell.
- Then, use the Fill Handle tool and drag it down from the E5 cell to the E11 cell.
Step 3: Showing Final Result
- Finally, the given image displays all the student’s percentages of attendance.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it by yourself.
In this article, I’ve covered step-by-step procedures to calculate attendance percentages in Excel. I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.