A fundamental duty in data calculation is computing percentages. We must understand what percentage of the work has been completed. For instance, to be able to take tests, we meticulously assessed our attendance rate in school or college. Thus, knowing how to handle data in percentages is an essential skill for anyone who deals with numbers. This article will show you how to calculate attendance percentage in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it by yourself.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Calculate Attendance Percentage in Excel
Here, we will demonstrate to you to calculate attendance percentages in Excel by applying the Percentage formula. Let’s suppose we have a sample data set.
Step 1: Creating Data Set with Proper Parameters
- Here is our data set including 7 students and the number of lectures delivered and the number of lectures they attended for calculating attendance percentage.
Read More: How to Calculate Absenteeism Percentage in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- Excel Formula to Add Percentage Markup (3 Suitable Examples)
- How to Use Excel Formula to Calculate Percentage of Grand Total
- Calculate Percentage Difference Between Two Numbers in Excel
- How to Calculate Reverse Percentage in Excel (4 Easy Examples)
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Based on Cell Color (4 Methods)
Step 2: Applying Percentage Formula
The proportion per hundred is used to compute the percentage. To put it another way, the denominator and numerator are divided, and the result is multiplied by 100. Numerator/Denominator is the Excel formula for percentages
- Firstly, select the E5 cell.
- Then, write down the following formula.
- After that, hit ENTER.
- Here, you will see the first student’s percentage of attendance in the E5 cell.
- Then, use the Fill Handle tool and drag it down from the E5 cell to the E11 cell.
Read More: Percentage Formula in Excel (6 Examples)
Step 3: Showing Final Result
- Finally, the given image displays all the student’s percentages of attendance.
Read More: Calculate Percentage in Excel VBA (Involving Macro, UDF, and UserForm)
In this article, I’ve covered step-by-step procedures to calculate attendance percentages in Excel. I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, Exceldemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.
- How to Calculate Percentage of a Number in Excel (5 Easy Ways)
- Calculate Average Percentage in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
- Percentage Difference Between Two Percentages in Excel
- How to Subtract a Percentage in Excel (3 Quick Ways)
- Calculate Grade Percentage in Excel (2 Suitable Ways)
- How to Find the Percentage of Two Numbers in Excel
- Calculate Cumulative Percentage in Excel (6 Methods)